[Superman Fan Club] Presents: THE SECRET SOCIETY OF SUPER-VILLAINS Week 20 January 25th

[Superman Fan Club] Presents: Challenge of the Secret Society of Super-Fans!

Welcome to Week 20 of a very special challenge / contest , reading one single issue a week (as they are digitally published that is) of THE SECRET SOCIETY OF SUPER-VILLAINS (1976) .

This time around: Justice League of America #166 (May 1979), with Gerry Conway as writer, Dick Dillin, Artist, and Frank McLaughlin, inks.

Click below to read the issue in DC Universe Infinite:

Q&A:

1. Did you like Zatanna’s design and outfit in this issue? What worked, what didn’t and…what did it remind you of from around the same time, maybe in another publisher’s series?

2. Any theories on how the Secret Society of Super Villains survived 6 months in a void with no food and water? Hostess twinkies maybe?

3. Once again, we get to witness a glorious battle between the key most powerful and resourceful Justice League of America members versus one of the most insidious versions of the Secret Society of Super Villains. Which battle was better, the one in the Special issue we read two weeks ago, or this clash in Israel?

I read Justice League of America #166
  • Yes, I did!

• Oops, I did not

0 voters

Here are the latest exciting standings of this very special limited-edition of Secret Society of Super-Fans

To join the [Superman Fan Club] (and enjoy the chic benefits of membership such as direct messaging for club members only and our occasional audio Discord [Superman Fan Club] chats), click here: [Click Here to Join the Superman Fan Club] Superman fan club - DC Community

To stop by the Superman Fan Club Lounge Area , where currently we are featuring a weekly old time Superman newspaper Sunday strip in color, click here: Club Lounge Room Entrance

And our DC Community Live Chat room is here: Chat #Superman Fan Club

And be sure keep an eye out for our once a month first Thursday evening of the month Listen A Long of the classic 1940’s Superman Radio Show adventures (in the Watchalong aisle). The next one is planned for Thursday February 2nd at 9 pm ET!

2 Likes

I believe there are three issues to this storyline.

2 Likes

I’m getting sense that nobody else wanted to read this?

1 Like

@TheCosmicMoth
@CaptainYesterday
@patterson65.37405
@RexRebel

Should we finish up this storyline or move on to something else from the Silver and Bronze age? What are your thoughts?

2 Likes

Since I missed it tonight, I’ll defer to those who listened.

1 Like

Oh I was referring to the comic book readings weekly.

2 Likes

Oh in that case finish the storyline, I say.

2 Likes

I’ve read it, and now we get some body swapping intrigue to read.

2 Likes

For fun I’ll post the next reading tomorrow morning. I believe we have two issues to go.

2 Likes

My apologies @Don-El, I’ve been kinda out of it in general the last few weeks. Here’s me getting caught up:

Nah. I never really warmed to Zatanna’s Bronze Age costume. The cape is kind of fitting in that dramatic stage performer way, but I miss the top hat and fishnets. The Silver Age costume links her more to the old stage magician look and her father’s Golden Age costume. Her Bronze Age costume reminds me more of Marvel’s Satana or even a more tasteful Vampirella (at least with the cape’s collar). It feels like DC was trying to channel the other occult women of the 70’s. Not my favorite costume.

If they were trapped between Earths then it’s likely that they were trapped outside of linear time. If you’re outside of linear time then time does not pass, you don’t digest the food you’ve eaten, and you never get hungry or thirsty.

Oh, the battle in the Special issue was better by a landslide. It contained actual battles. The fight in this issue was an ambush coupled with Bats getting jobbed out to Blockbuster. Not a lot of meat there.

1 Like

Welcome back to unreality!!!

1 Like