[Superman Fan Club] Presents: THE SECRET SOCIETY OF SUPER-VILLAINS in the 70’s Week 22 February 8th 2023

[Superman Fan Club] Presents: Challenge of the Secret Society of Super-Fans!

Welcome to Week 22 of a very special challenge / contest , reading one single issue a week (as they are digitally published that is) of THE SECRET SOCIETY OF SUPER-VILLAINS 1970s adventures.

This time around: Justice League of America #168 (July 1979), with Gerry Conway as writer, Dick Dillin, Artist, and Frank McLaughlin, inks.

Click below to read the issue in DC Universe Infinite:

Q&A:

1. How did “fake” Superman reveal his true nature to Ollie?
  2. Did you need a score card too to keep track of who was pretending to be who? Like…who really kissed Black Canary?
  3. How did Zatanna save the heroes hurtling to the sun? I couldn’t quite figure that part out myself, I need help!
I read Justice League of America #168
  • Yes, I did!

• Oops, I did not

0 voters

Here are the latest exciting standings of this very special limited-edition of Secret Society of Super-Fans

Next week we go back to the Challenge of the Super Fans, and I search for Silver and Bronze Age Red Kryptonite stories we haven’t covered yet.

To join the [Superman Fan Club] (and enjoy the chic benefits of membership such as direct messaging for club members only and our occasional audio Discord [Superman Fan Club] chats), click here: [Click Here to Join the Superman Fan Club] Superman fan club - DC Community

To stop by the Superman Fan Club Lounge Area , where currently we are featuring a weekly old time Superman newspaper Sunday strip in color, click here: Club Lounge Room Entrance

And our DC Community Live Chat room is here: Chat #Superman Fan Club

And be sure keep an eye out for our once a month first Thursday evening of the month Listen A Long of the classic 1940’s Superman Radio Show adventures (in the Watchalong aisle). The next one is planned for Thursday March 2nd at 9 pm ET!

1 Like

It’s the end of an era!!!

1 Like

Was a great ending. Not going to answer how Ollie knew directly, but he could definitely tell from the start.

Did Zoom kiss her? If so, I think I had every one on track in my head. Haha.

Also wondering how she saved them/how Red Tornado helped.

1 Like

Thanks for joining in this time around!

I will say it was pretty easy to track which one Solomon Grundy was.

1 Like

Ollie’s naturally suspicious. Probably drives his friends crazy on game night.

2 Likes