šŸ“ŗ [Superman Fan Club] PRESENTS: DC FanDome Watch-Along: Superman: An Enduring Symbol of HopešŸ“ŗ Saturday, Sept 12 at 9 PM ET

Iā€™ve been watching the original Fleischer cartoons, and if the radio show is anywhere as good in terms of quality then it probably aged extremely well.

1 Like

enjoying the Jurgens is reviewing these older Superman comics from the Silver age and Bronze Age that my club deals with

1 Like

This was before my time, but Death of Superman has always been talked about as an amazing event that felt like it had weight at the time. Makes me wish I had been born sooner

it was amazing and people who never picked up a comic in their life were all obsessed with it

1 Like

I can remember my first exposure being the Animated Series, as well as the first 2 Superman movies. Sparked my love since.

1 Like

I took my kids and grandkids to go see at the movie theater when Death of Superman / Reign of the Supermen was out about a year-and-a-half agoā€¦ well I didnā€™t pay for everyoneā€™s tickets lol

1 Like

I think this speaks greatly to Supermanā€™s enduring legacy. Even if he were to die I like to think that his story inspires others to become their own Superman.

1 Like

but it does say a lot about Superman that he really transcends the comics

1 Like

Speaks volumes to not only his relatability but also his design and iconicness. Everyone knows Mickey Mouse, Mario, and likewise Superman.

1 Like

ideas Under Siege very interesting

1 Like

If I were to write Superman Iā€™d probably ask myself ā€œWhat would Superman do here?ā€ at every moment lol

1 Like

Jurgenā€™s question for Bendis is great.

1 Like

Superman as a father was a great idea. We need as much of that as we can cram into the books

Bendis with jor-el has been a lot of fun to read

1 Like

I wasnā€™t crazy about that to be honest. Itā€™s nice to know Superman got to meet his father but it did feel like it took from the initial tragedy.

I have the same feelings about bringing back Thomas Wayne Batman from Flashpoint. I kind of prefer leaving these aspects as they are, but to each their own

1 Like

been complex for sure I wasnā€™t thrilled that Jor-el is nuttier than a fruit cake

1 Like

thanks for joining this was definitely worth watching and reflecting on, lots to think about

1 Like

Alright, itā€™s been fun talking to ya! Iā€™m probably gonna browse some other videos

2 Likes