[Superman Fan Club] PRESENTS: Challenge of the Superfans: The Issue a Week of Superman Silver and Bronze Age Journey, Season 2, WEEK 3

Challenge of the Superfans Season 2 Week 3

Welcome to Week 3 of Season 2 of a very special challenge / contest , reading one single issue in a week from the currently- digitized DC Universe Infinite collection of Silver and Bronze Age Superman and Family comic over a three month timeframe!

This time around: BRONZE AGE!

ACTION COMICS (1938-) #554 (April 1984) Action Comics (1938-) #554

The conflict between Vandal Savage and the Man of Steel allows an alien race to interfere with Earth’s history, obliterating every trace of Superman and all the other members of the Justice League!

I flipped through ACTION COMICS (1938-) #554
  • Yes I did
  • Oops, No, I did not

0 voters

Here are the latest exciting standings of this very special limited-edition of The Challenge of the Superfans Season 2!!!

Not a member of the Superman Fan Club yet? Click here to jump on the bandwagon!!!

Click here to enlist!!! Superman fan club - DC Community
(and get an awesome Superman Flair!)

3 Likes

@CaptainYesterday @scoop001 @RexRebel @patterson65.37405 @clucktrent @DanTheManOne1

3 Likes

An interesting homage to Joe and Jerry and the creation of Superman.

4 Likes

An inspiring all ages classic that would be dismissed as “stupid kids stuff” by many comic readers in the last 35 years.

I also did not know that Joe and Jerry had incredible costume creating skills that young.

Comics at their core are about wish fulfillment for the young and this one delivers that beautifully.

4 Likes

When I saw the kids were named Jerry and Joe, I could see things would fall into place. Good story, and a tribute to the power of imagination.

4 Likes

I remember owning this comic at the time. I always liked this story.

3 Likes

This is one of my favorite panels from this classic:

3 Likes