[Superman Fan Club] Presents: Challenge of the Super Fans: Season 2! Week 9 SUPERMAN'S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE #15

Welcome to Week 9 of Season 2 of a very special challenge / contest , reading one single issue a week from the currently- digitized DC Universe Infinite collection of Silver and Bronze Age Superman and Family comic over an interesting space of time!

This time around: Silver Age!

SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE #15

“THE SUPER-FAMILY OF STEEL!”

This Super Wedding is real!!!

Q & A:

1. Were you happy to finally see them get married on a cruise ship?

2. Did you think they would really get divorced so soon?

3. How was that twist ending for you? It keeps coming up in future stories!

SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE #15
  • Yes I did

• Oops, I did not

0 voters

Here are the latest exciting standings of this very special limited-edition of The Challenge of the Superfans

Also, here is the possibly-final exciting standing of the Secret Society of Super-Fans!

To join the [Superman Fan Club] (and enjoy the chic benefits of membership such as direct messaging for club members only and our occasional audio Discord [Superman Fan Club] chats), click here: Click Here to Join the Superman Fan Club

To stop by the Superman Fan Club Lounge Area , click here: Club Lounge Room Entrance

And be sure keep an eye out for our once a month first Thursday evening of the month Listen A Longs of the classic 1940’s Superman Radio Show adventures (in the Watchalong aisle), the next one being Thursday March 2nd!!

Oh wow, they really got married!!

1 Like
  1. They actually got married on an island somewhere, the proposal was on the cruise ship.The reason given for marrying there was logical.
  2. Did they get divorced, I saw a fight a separation but no divorce?
  3. Totally missed all the clues, and was thinking it was an imaginary tale.
1 Like

Thanks for reading pal! Actually there was just the threat of divorce that was indicated, with the wife taking the kids and hustling off the planet or whatever before she finally figured out what was really going on thanks to the kids.

What I meant by the question was did you think that there would be problems in their relationship that quickly.

1 Like

And yeah I thought they were very clever with the story, much like the movie “Sixth Sense” where you don’t realize that people aren’t really talking to the main lawyer character until close to the end.

1 Like

Well if they were Clark and Lois yes, as jealousy over Lana was a running theme for many a year.
But since it wasn’t them, I guess to be expected from a marriage at first sight.

1 Like

Great story, and a clever way for the writers to (again) delay the inevitable marriage. But I’m disappointed there are so few issues of Lois Lane here on the site. I did appreciate the sight of Lana in a bathing suit, though.

2 Likes

If you have Ultra there’s a few more Lois Lane issues available, but it isn’t exactly an avalanche.

1 Like

I have to say that was one of the more satisfying real stories that looked like an imaginary story.

With billions of people on the Earth there probably is someone who looks very similar to you or me out there as happened with Lois.

1 Like

Late on this one. Was without power for close to two days because of storms in the south. Been a while since I participated in a listen-a-long as well and really wanted to catch Thursdays. Bummed.

Anyways, on topic.

1. So . . . As someone in my early thirties, I grew up watching Smallville. For a while, this was all I knew of Superman. So yes. Their marriage was nice.

2. This is when I started questioning that things might not be as they seem.

3. Great ending. Didn’t quite figure out what was happening, but definitely a good payoff.

2 Likes

Yeah there’s stacks of imaginary stories that show Lois and Superman married in the Silver Age, but this one’s unique that it wasn’t imaginary.

2 Likes