[Superman Fan Club] Presents: Challenge of the Super Fans: Season 2! An Issue a Week of Superman Silver or Bronze Age: Week 2

Challenge of the Superfans Season 2 Week 2

Welcome to Week 2 of Season 2 of a very special challenge / contest, reading one single issue a week from the currently- digitized DC Universe Infinite collection of Silver and Bronze Age Superman and Family comic over a three month timeframe! You don’t have to be named “Rip Hunter” to succeed, but it can’t hurt either!

This time around: BRONZE AGE!

(March 1984) Action Comics (1938-) #553

We continue reading the story from last week! The Man of Steel joins with The Forgotten Heroes (Rip Hunter, Time Master! Cave Carson! Congorilla! Suicide Squad! Animal Man! Immortal Man! Sea Devils! Dolphin!) to go back in time to stop villainous Vandal Savage from harnessing the powers of creation itself!

I flipped through ACTION COMICS (1938-) #553
  • Yes I did!
  • Oops, I did not

0 voters

The standings so far for Season 2 of…THE CHALLENGE OF THE SUPER-FANS!!!

1 Like

What an epic, sweeping story through time and space!!!

2 Likes

First of all, watch Wargames if you haven’t already. We could use our phones to get on the internet in 1983.

The Forgotten Heroes help save the day in the old split the team up fashion. Even back in 1984 you were reading heroes of a bygone age. Superheroes had completely taken over and the other genres, including even adventure, had just slowly disappeared.

Vandal needs to try plans that don’t involve time travel. It didn’t work against the JSA and it didn’t go well here either.

Superman ceases to exist? You must read the next issue!

And you should, #554 is a classic. One of Marv’s best Superman stories.

3 Likes

We will be sure to include the next issue I’m not sure it’s going to be next week though.

I goofed up and voted I read this when I’ve only skimmed it I’ll go back and read more later.

2 Likes

This was a fun story. Makes me nostalgic for the Bronze Age.

2 Likes

It was a much more light-hearted era for sure, agreed.

3 Likes

If the Bronze Age was more light-hearted, how would you define the Silver Age?

3 Likes

You sold me! This was a truly epic story, almost movie worthy.

2 Likes

Zany

3 Likes

Oh no, is Superman dead, is this the famous Superman Death Storyline, I have heard so much about? :rofl:

1 Like

Not…exactly

1 Like