[Superman Fan Club] Lois Lane: Convict PLUS The Atom..Powerless! Y1 R17 Feb 2021

[Superman Fan Club] and friends, the Silver and Bronze Age Superman Family are stopping by yet again! Yes, Superman, born on another planet along with Supergirl, Jimmy and Lois (complete in her prison wardrobe) await… along with fabulous DC guest stars including…a powerless Atom!

Click here to join the Club: [Superman Fan Club]

ACTION COMICS (1938-) #329 DC UNIVERSE INFINITE (released October 1965) “The Ultimate Enemy!” Superman fights a silent enemy clad in indestructible armor who has connections to Superman’s very origins!

Meanwhile, Supergirl in her story starts a wild outer space / other dimensional epic!

DC Comics Presents #15 DC UNIVERSE INFINITE (released November 7th, 1979 Superman tries to help the Atom regain his shrinking powers. Bates / Staton

retro 484

DC RETROACTIVE: SUPERMAN - THE '70S (2011-) #1 DC UNIVERSE INFINITE We’ll only be reading the classic tale at the end of this comic book, starting on page 28, originally published June 1978 in Action 484, the 40th anniversary issue, “Superman Takes a Wife.” (the original issue is not digitized here)

SUPERMAN’S PAL, JIMMY OLSEN (1954-) #6 (released July 1955) DC UNIVERSE INFINITE Jimmy dresses up like a bellhop to get a story on a magician’s convention at Hotel Metropolis.

SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE (1958-1973) #6 DC UNIVERSE INFINITE (released January 1959) “Lois Lane, Convict!” YIKES!!!

Please post your thoughts, reactions and favorite panels below as you again reflect on a bygone era of comic book greatness and historic / cultural relevance, our Silver and Bronze Age to enjoy together!!!

married to supes

4 Likes

Decisions decisions which one to read first…

2 Likes

Orange is the New Lois

2 Likes

The Superman family seems to take turns serving prison sentences in the Silver Age.

2 Likes

As always, enjoyed the Lois Lane comic in my own weird, slightly perverse way. The rocket story, Superman, Perry and random scientist are complete bum wholes with their whole practical jokes (fyi I hate practical jokes). At least Lois got them to use the town they built for some good. The prison story was solid, you knew Lois was up to her ‘news hen’ ways. And, as an old GI, I loved the absolutely bonkers Lois in the Army stories. First, she gave multiple order she could be up on charges for. But, poor Lois couldn’t get a dance. But, we knew what she was up to and Lt. Lane triumphs in the end.

2 Likes

I agree! Everyone on this site needs to immediately read this Lois Lane issue! Quick quick, that’s an order, troops lol.

I love clowning around a lot but I sure don’t like practical jokes either.

2 Likes

Hello there Superman Fan club and friends. :wave: :sunglasses:

Ah, another fun read through each of the stories and much to say about them. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Action Comics (1938-) #329 Summary

Interesting thinking these people have in thinking the knight is advertising something. :joy:

Superman in a tug-of-war with the knight is funny. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Neat looking at the flag of Krypton, even if Superman is going to have a duel to the death with this mystery knight. :eyes:

The robot being made from metal from Krypton did make a lot of sense that Superman would have trouble in trying to deal with it. :thinking: :robot:

Also I thought something like this might happen. :clark_hv_4:

And I wonder whatever happened to this sword… Could have come in handy versus Doomsday many years later methinks… :thinking: :sweat_smile:

Supergirl also taking on Dr. Supernatural will be fun finding out how that story plays out and already saved that next issue in my reading list. :nerd_face:

DC Comics Presents (1978-) #15 Summary

Felt bad that Ray was in a slump being a superhero. :pensive:

But! When you have jokes like these from Superman, it’s all good. :rofl:

It was a nice diversion from Superman to get Ray back to his old self and serve justice as the Atom once again in shrinking the both of them. :atom_symbol:

DC Retroactive: Superman - The 70s #1 Summary

I may have read both stories… :sweat_smile:

Although on to our story of discussion here is what I thought. :thinking:

It was a nice twist in being a tale from Earth-2. :earth_americas:

Woah, that is some nice magic Wizard as I was about to turn my screen upside down as I thought something went wrong with the picture! :rofl: :mage:

Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #6 Summary

Jimmy’s reaction is too funny. :rabbit:

For Superman being vulnerable to magic he is such a good “magician.” :crystal_ball: :superman_hv_4:

Good on Jimmy being able to figure out that it was also Superman instead of someone else being Mr. Magic. :sunglasses: :+1:

Funny how Jimmy thought himself to be a rabbit when the previous story was about magicians and had rabbits coming out of a hat. :tophat: :rabbit2:

Jimmy also has quite the snack list! :yum:

Good on Jimmy to have a sense of humor and win the race! :grin:

(I also thought that was how Superman would get Jimmy to lose the last ounce to qualify for the race). :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I wonder how many disguies Jimmy has had over the years? :thinking:

Smart though on Jimmy’s part to have Superman be the Kryptonite detector. :nerd_face:

And good 'ole modest Jimmy for you folks. :rofl:

Superman's Girl Friend Lois Lane #6 Summary

It was pretty interesting seeing how Superman and the rest of The Planet’s staff were going to try and “teach a lesson” to Lois. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

It was also very interesting seeing how many Lois had on her list of who Robin potentially was. :00_robin:

And it wouldn’t be Lois without getting a scoop for a story! :woman: :newspaper:

Lois’ crime spree was very interesting. Glad she got a nice coat out of it. :grin:

It also was such an elaborate plan Lois, Superman, and district attorney! :superman_hv_1:

Now… Military Lois. Wow! :joy:

Here I thought Lois was just taking up her dad’s role in the military, but good on Ms. Lane to act the part and take down a criminal! :no_good_woman:

3 Likes

You were victimized by the Wizard

1 Like

:rofl:

It sure… Flipped… My expectations. :superman_hv_4:

1 Like

Your review of the stack of possible Superman family mags to read this time around proves that a lot of these Silver and Bronze Age stories were actually quite nicely written and very inventive.

I am thinking we wouldn’t be still here now on a DC Comics social media site reflecting on this vast store of years of comics if they weren’t…the medium of comics would have been long gone if not for being highly entertaining over the years, not just now.

3 Likes

Very true Don-El! :sunglasses: :+1:

A lot of fun looking back and seeing what was going on while also looking at what today offers. :clark_hv_4:

Also having Superman’s speed would also help in reaching my goal of reading them all sooner… So then I could read them again and again all over. :joy:

2 Likes

Maybe this little guy can help :superman_fan_club:

2 Likes

May we join

Sure, let me sign you up!

1 Like