[Superman Fan Club] and Friends 📻 Superman 40’s Radio Show Listen-Along 📻 9 pm ET / 6 pm PT Wednesday February 3rd

At 9 pm Eastern / 6 pm Pacific, it will be time to launch into cyberspace the hot new twice-a-month Wednesday Evening [Superman Fan Club] :radio: Listen-Along :radio: February 3rd, open to one and all, one and ALL!!!
3 short episodes = a fun way to celebrate the halfway point of the week!!!

radio2

Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments!
When: Wednesday February 3rd 2021 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT / 7 PM MT / 8 PM CT
We’ll launch the audio recordings in perfect unison like fisherfolk casting their lines on an early Spring morning!

Note: be sure to alert us as we listen if you run into a YouTube commercial. We can all wait for it to end for you easily. Often they are only three or four seconds before you can get out.

What to queue / save to Favorites beforehand:
The episodes we will be listening to and discussing live as they occur here in this thread are:

The Mystery of the Waxmen (featuring Robin, Alfred and Batman)

The Adventures of Superman Radio Show Episode #0975 (March 3rd, 1945)
The Adventures of Superman Radio Show Episode #0977 (March 14th, 1945)
The Adventures of Superman Radio Show Episode #0978 (March 15th, 1945)

All Superman Radio Show episodes are public domain.

I have combined all three episodes into one Youtube file here (about 45 minutes): https://youtu.be/1rHai1xlv3w

Superman-Ad-1-tb

You can also listen to these three episodes using an audio file on Google Drive if you prefer (just click on the arrow once you see it to play the audio):

Or you can find them on other sites like:

See you Wednesday night!

ಠ_ಠ   

:radio: Look, Up In the Sky!! :radio:

15 Likes

What’s a listen a long

1 Like

Lol

Well see, it’s like a watch along, but instead of watching something with pictures you simply listen to audio with a group of people and talk to each other with a chat while you’re listening at the same time.

3 Likes

That’s cool

Are we going to be listening to music

Nope

2 Likes

It will be a story

2 Likes

Oh, I am in! This is a great idea, especially with DC story podcasts rumored to be coming to Spotify soon.

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @HubCityQuestion

While this will be something a little different at least at first, thanks for pointing to the Spotify new DC Comics programming, that looks very exciting!

3 Likes

I’m guessing from the cover image that this is going to be the Superman radio serial… I hope I’m right because chatting along to that is an incredibly fun idea.

4 Likes

Other potentially great Listen-Alongs: the Audible adaptation of Sandman, and the DC Icons audiobooks (Batman: Nightwalker, Catwoman: Soulstealer, Wonder Woman: Warbringer, etc.)

5 Likes

Sweet. BTW, I have located some scripts from the Supeman radio show.

6 Likes

Oh, this is new now!

1 Like

Love this new immersive experience! :headphones:

5 Likes

This is absolutely wonderful. I will make this part of my schedule!

2 Likes

We’re taking “retro” into OVERDRIVE!!

Codename: LAL

1 Like

This should be fun, I can imagine that I’m back in 1940s, sitting in front of a radio and listen to Superman! :grinning:
And NO I’m not that old! LOL!

4 Likes

I think we’ll have some real fun with these @Lincolnfan78 !

Those old time tube wooden tall radio sets were really something! AM radio too, but a nice bassy sound at times.

Finding AM stations late at night in the winter when the waves came from far away was called “DXing” at the time. Not sure if anyone does that any more though.

3 Likes

I didn’t know it had a name. I remember as a kid, we’d be coming up from Southern to Northern California and we couldn’t get anything on the radio back then but we got those in murder mysteries. They were great. Leaving everything up to your imagination, hanging on every word. So much fun.

3 Likes