[Superman Fan Club] and Friends 📻 Superman 40’s Radio Show Listen-Along, The Scarlet Widow! 📻 Wednesday April 7th 9 pm ET

It’s time again for the hot twice-a-month Wednesday Evening [Superman Fan Club] :radio: Listen-Along :radio:, open to one and ALL!!! Wednesday April 7th 2021 9 PM ET / 8 PM CT / 6 PM PT / 7 PM MT

The Adventures of Superman Radio Show #1200 - The Talking Cat (part 1) [1946-01-09] + episodes #1224-1227 parts 1 and 2 of “The Meteor from Krypton” and parts 1 and 2 of “The Scarlet Widow.”

Superman

5 short episodes = a fun way to celebrate the halfway point of the week!!!

Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments!

When: Wednesday April 7th 2021 9 PM ET / 8 PM CT / 6 PM PT / 7 PM MT

We’ll launch the audio recordings in perfect unison like seasoned Ice Capades skaters!

What to queue and save to Youtube Favorites beforehand:

There are two recordings of episodes we will be listening to and discussing live as they occur here in this thread Wednesday evening:

First, we sample the insanity of The Adventures of Superman #1200 “The Talking Cat” where you will meet a Lois Lane that you have never ever encountered before.
Youtube 10 minute file version: https://youtu.be/6RfWXNupkxA

or

Google drive 10 minute mp3 audio file version: The Adventures of Superman #1200 - The Talking Cat (part 1) [1946-01-09].mp3 - Google Drive

Then, after listening to the first episode for the evening, we will pause to make sure everyone has the main second selection cued up.

At that point we will listen to The Adventures of Superman #1224-1227 parts 1 and 2 of “The Meteor from Krypton” and parts 1 and 2 of “The Scarlet Widow.”

Youtube 44 minute file version: https://youtu.be/L4qei1oR9No

or

Google drive 44 minute mp3 audio file version: The Adventures of Superman #1124 - The Meteor from Krypton The Scarlet Widow 1124 1127 1946.mp3 - Google Drive

All Superman Radio Show episodes are public domain.

All of the recordings for these Listen Alongs are also in this Youtube Playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5lxO0toreKAZJk2lGhtc_cUou_SbNHv

See you Wednesday night!
                        ಠ_ಠ   

:radio: … … … … . … … Look, Up In the Sky!! … … … … … … :radio:

2 Likes

Hard to believe this is just two evenings from now!

I guess what they say is true, time flies even when you’re not Superman.

3 Likes

Hahaha okay I had a little chuckle from that pun you made, so thanks for that :joy:

But the Superman Fan Club Listen-Along looks great, my brother is obsessed with Mr. Kent, so I’ll be sure to let him know :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Much appreciated thank you

This made me think of this and I think you all might find it interesting! Basically, Superman saves a cat from a tree.

Too funny it took me a couple readings and examining the art to figure out the joke with the word “cat” lol

1 Like

Oh my 3 hours and change to go.

Now where did I stash that banner, lol?

“Oh my ears and whiskers! Mustn’t be late, mustn’t be late!”

1 Like

I look forward to this every other week! Counting down the minutes till I can ditch work and have some fun! :radio:

2 Likes

That’s the way!

23 minutes to fun guaranteed, come one come all!!!

Hey @Don-El do you know if there are any documentaries or behind the scenes books etc about the show? I want to know so much more about this and how it came to be.

1 Like

We’ll have to dig into that. I am finding biographical bits on Superman fan websites etc or old time radio sites, but a book on it and also the original scripts I have been searching for.

2 Likes

4 minutes to “the talking cat”

1 Like

I’d love to have a book like that. I’m crossing my fingers you can track one down.

1 Like

Hello.

4 Likes

Welcome

1 Like

There is a book of the scripts, but it’s only a handful of them.

3 minutes to launch.

1 Like

Glad you could join, @patterson65.37405

2 Likes

I’M HERE!!

3 Likes

I’ll have to look that up. It’s curious that they’d have one on the scripts, but not also a detailed account on the series?

2 minutes. I subscribe to The Fans of the DC Universe channel on YouTube, that way it’s easy to see these to cue and play. Well, I kind of co run that channel too lol.

3 Likes