[Superman Fan Club] and Friends 📻 Superman 40’s Radio Show Listen-Along 📻 9 pm ET / 6 pm PT Wednesday February 3rd

Oh yeah even in the late 60s there were still some shows left including one hilarious short set by the now nefarious Bill Cosby.

One of my favorite effects on these bare bones radio shows is when somebody is supposed to be talking in a room and walks away from the mic making their voice slowly get fader and fader in the background, it’s a very powerful effect, makes it seem more real to me.

2 Likes

Please note all has now been revealed!

See top of thread!

2 Likes

The audio only file now has all three episodes combined into one easy to listen to file on Google Drive (see top).

5 Likes

Looking forward to this on Wednesday!! :superman_fan_club:

4 Likes

See you there!

Oh my, what a handsome Super emoji you are sporting today!

4 Likes

How do we get a goofy Superman one like this? :batparrot: :batparrot: :batparrot: :batparrot:

2 Likes

By begging the mod overlords. They have special communication devices for us to reach into the ethernet to make such requests now all over the site.

In fact they’re even listening now…ooo Eeeee ooooo

2 Likes

It’s less than 26 hours before the first ever DC Community Listen along!

Be sure to get lots of sleep tonight!!!

3 Likes

Looking forward to this!

5 Likes

In just a little over 6 hours, we launch our first Listen Along.

Hope you all can make it! You can either listen with YouTube or you can click on the link to the MP3 file that’s stored on Google drive for you.

4 Likes

Thankyou for adding the Google drive, wasn’t sure I’d be able to join til I did a quick test to see if I can still hear while being on the community board and yes I can! Looking forward to it!:grinning:

5 Likes

Always more fun when you can join us! Have you listened to any of the Superman radio shows before?

2 Likes

Warning there is apparently a ghost in the machine these days when it comes to responding to posts. I’ve tried responding to a couple of posts tonight, then when I’ve gone back, I find that they disappeared.

Normally I would just assume it’s a overly vigilant Mod erasing what I type, but since @Razzzcat mentioned this issue during office hours yesterday concerning one of her watch alongs, I’ll just advise “user beware” and I guess just have patience… If only every other post you make appears, just try to laugh it off…

4 Likes

I use to have a tape of him teaming up with Batman, I can still remember the announcer doing a cereal commercial of Kellogg’s Pep cereal.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@Reaganfan78 The second listen along that I’ve already edited out the commercials for is indeed Superman and Batman again! @Jay_Kay

I kind of hate to cut out the ads because the commercials really open a curtain to the past for us with what they promote, but those who want to hear them can always listen to that on their own I suppose.

3 Likes

Okay who broke my banner this time?

1 Like

I love this show. I have a collection of them, one of the best things are those old commercials.

1 Like

It’s astonishing the variety of them

1 Like

I also had a successful test! :clark_hv_4:

And looks like I will have some snacks during the show. :joy: :yum:

3 Likes

Ya, like @Reaganfan78 said, the “Pep” commercials are great, with the pitch for comic buttons. And there are old coal adds for home heating, they’re hilarious to hear today, but charming.

2 Likes