Superman Comics

I’m in the mood for a good Superman (or Supergirl) comic series that’s on DC Universe. Any recommendations?

1 Like

Superman Unchained

Right now the best stuff on the service in any kind of quantity is the Johns and Donner run of Action Comics. You should also check out For the Man Who Has Everything which is a Superman annual.

2 Likes

Supergirl ‘71 with a bonus Zatanna edition at the end. For a fun quick light read the Batman/Superman & Trinity comics are fun. All star Superman also if it’s still on here I think it is.

Heya @JoeGatto!

Just a heads up: I will be moving this thread over to the “Comic Books” category, as the topic at hand seems a little more fitting there. Thanks! :slight_smile:

You will be able to read the small amount of Superman comics in about a day, maybe two.

And who knows how long they will stay on the service, so read em quick!!

The comics section of this service is pathetic.

Superboy & the legion of superheroes

1 Like

Adventures of Superman and Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey come to mind.

1 Like

By chance if you’ve never seen Superman: The Animated Series, then do yourself a great favor and start there.

1 Like

By chance if you’ve never seen Superman: The Animated Series, then do yourself a great favor and start there.

1 Like

Sorry I misread the title. Oops. Superman: Exile is my personal favorite. It’s collected from Superman and The Adventures of Superman. Google which numbers they are.

Whole new ballgame now with all the issues they just added.

1 Like

Whatever happened to the Man of Tomorrow in Superman 423 and Action Comics 583 is a grAceat story, Superman Unchained and Superman “American Alien” are all good. Also Action Comics 554, The Bizarro story by Johns and Donner is also great fun (in Action Comics 855-867) and the Braniac story starting in Action Comics 869-870 is also top notch.

3 Likes

Read the Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes run by Johns and Frank they just added. Unlike the current crap, this was a creative team that understood the character and his mythos.

1 Like