📖 📺 Superman/Batman: Public Enemies - Watch Party Event Today, April 28th at 5 PM PST! 📺 📖

Yeah that scene comes to memory for sure

4 Likes

HOLY SCHMITT! It’s almost shot for shot, :rofl:

2 Likes

Lol I thought that was pretty funny and I know they would watch Superman (1978) prior to starting ever Marvel project for inspiration so I bet they were studying all the DC successes!

3 Likes

325 responses, not bad for your first watch along!!

2 Likes

Too funny I kept wondering “where is Reaganfan where is Reagan fan…”

@MisterFreeze78

2 Likes

At the “Batman and Robin” WAL last night, I didn’t realize @MisterFreeze78 was @Reaganfan78 either. :laughing:

3 Likes

He’s got to be loving this especially since he has 78 at the end of the new name

3 Likes

Here’s my late input:

I think the movie is a really good adaptation. I actually flipped through my collected edition as I watched, and some of the fight panels are recreated perfectly.

Luthor’s story gets quite a bit of necessary adjustment. I think the new intro and the expanded plot with Metallo work well, but as someone with a pretty good amount of Superman comic knowledge, I prefer the comics and how they build on early-2000s Superman stories. I definitely prefer the Superman/Lex fight in the comics, though I think there’s something nice about putting Batman in the composite spaceship.

I thought the animation style was great, but I don’t think anyone but McGuinness can pull off the composite spaceship.

Such a fun story in both formats. Thanks @Bar-El!

2 Likes

Woo! I’m glad you were able to add your feedback! Hopefully your work schedule will fit with the next one! I just ordered the Omnibus of this series and I’m so excited for it to arrive! I wish the batfamily were in the movie! :sob:

That would’ve been cool. The movie does a great job of including so many characters from the comics, but the loss of the “family” characters is a bummer.

1 Like

We needed like, 15 more minutes! :stuck_out_tongue: