šŸ“– šŸ“ŗ Superman/Batman: Public Enemies - Watch Party Event Today, April 28th at 5 PM PST! šŸ“ŗ šŸ“–

Which did you like more?
  • The comic
  • The movie

0 voters

2 Likes

Nice job @Bar-el. This was a fun event you planed, loved reading the books and watching the film! :smile: :+1:

2 Likes

But still a fun movie

3 Likes

Thanks @Bar-El and @MisterFreeze78! Great watch-a-long!

4 Likes

Thanks for joining me for my first event everyone! Weā€™re doing this again for the next segment and movie in May!

5 Likes
2 Likes

Iā€™d be down for another select reading and WAL, if you did one @Bar-El.

1 Like

Iā€™ll send you my massive list of Wednesday listen alongs and watch alongs for May later

2 Likes

I like what youā€™re hinting at @Don-El. :wink: Iā€™m excited for next month in the Supes club, especially since the book club is reading Superman smashes the Klan.

2 Likes

So itā€™s Tuesday thatā€™s a relief

2 Likes

3 Likes

Yeah itā€™s going to be an interesting month

4 Likes

Yeah that scene comes to memory for sure

4 Likes

HOLY SCHMITT! Itā€™s almost shot for shot, :rofl:

2 Likes

Lol I thought that was pretty funny and I know they would watch Superman (1978) prior to starting ever Marvel project for inspiration so I bet they were studying all the DC successes!

3 Likes

325 responses, not bad for your first watch along!!

2 Likes

Too funny I kept wondering ā€œwhere is Reaganfan where is Reagan fanā€¦ā€

@MisterFreeze78

2 Likes

At the ā€œBatman and Robinā€ WAL last night, I didnā€™t realize @MisterFreeze78 was @Reaganfan78 either. :laughing:

3 Likes

Heā€™s got to be loving this especially since he has 78 at the end of the new name

3 Likes

Hereā€™s my late input:

I think the movie is a really good adaptation. I actually flipped through my collected edition as I watched, and some of the fight panels are recreated perfectly.

Luthorā€™s story gets quite a bit of necessary adjustment. I think the new intro and the expanded plot with Metallo work well, but as someone with a pretty good amount of Superman comic knowledge, I prefer the comics and how they build on early-2000s Superman stories. I definitely prefer the Superman/Lex fight in the comics, though I think thereā€™s something nice about putting Batman in the composite spaceship.

I thought the animation style was great, but I donā€™t think anyone but McGuinness can pull off the composite spaceship.

Such a fun story in both formats. Thanks @Bar-El!

2 Likes