Superman And The Sun: Biological Explanation

Ok, so we know Superman’s source of power is the yellow sun. What is the exact science behind this? Spite the fact that Superman has many powers, there is an actual biological reason behind the source of power being the sun. In fact, while we all can’t fly, have heat vision, blow cold air, travel faster than a speeding bullet, or able to leap tall buildings in a single bound as well as being impermeable to bullets, we all house the ability to have strength by the sun on a biological level. We all have what is called the pineal gland. The pineal gland helps control your circadian (or biological) rhythm and regulate certain reproductive hormones. The circadian rhythm can help increase your energy metabolism, thus enhancing your strength. I don’t know what a lot of you do for work but I currently work in a warehouse. When I come out of the warehouse in the mid afternoon with a hot sun beating down, I stand there and because I have been in a dark area for a few hours, I can feel the sun “energize” me. Makes sense, right? The sun is hitting my pineal gland. Now you ask and argue the difference between the color of Sun-Red vs. Yellow? Well, the answer to that is that the yellow has a higher surface temperature than the red. With that in mind, you simply get more energy from something hotter than something cooler.

1 Like