:00_superman1:Superman and Lois S2 Discussion Thread :00_superman1:

They’re destroying Jon Kent, they really are, simple as that. A much better storyline should’ve been him coming out as bi like his comic self but noooo, they had to make him a drug addict and a dick to his brother. Jon went from being the best character in the show to being the worst.

Seeing the Lang-Cortez family go through this hardship breaks my heart, why is the Kent family the only happy family, there can be more than one happy family.

Lucy’s truly lost, even though Allston is a multidimensional villain she still created a cult and I had to remind myself of that when I was saddened by the Bizarro connection.

3 Likes

The opening made me reminisce of watching Peacemaker and their musical sequences. Loved the music, tone, intrigue and direction. The parallels were cool too.

Crazy how in only a few minutes they made me invested not only Bizarro’s personal life but his world.

Clark : “Hi! It’s me, Clark :nerd_face:” Top Tier Clarky moment.
The boys trying to hold their laughter was funny lol

Side-note: They’ve previously had visual ways to distinct the boys from each other and maybeeee ~ I’m reading into it where Jordan’s glass is light while Jonathan’s glass represents him going down darker path (atm in the story).

I assume if he keeps taking the X-K it’ll have a negative effect eventually. Like with Bizarro Superman no one else looked Bizarro-y in his world and his table had a bunch of the inhalers, maybe that explains his look :thinking: WE SHALL SEE!

3 Likes

E6

Crazy episode.

The opening was great. The montage music hallway fight all of it was awesome™:+1:. Bizarro’s world sounds great. And Superwoman Lana. Great stuff. Ally is trying to destroy it all. Interesting.

Lucy and Lois brought together by Sam. Fun stuff and Great bonding. Then mentions if the Ally issue and it goes downhill.

Jordan and John tensions rise. John driving for the field and hated it the Jordan finds out and it goes to his head. I can see where he’s coming form as he may have felt a bit second fiddle with Jordan and the powers stuf but found balance there then when it started happening on the field were his he feels he can be him and shine started to crumbled he felt pressured that he needed something to bossy him to get noticed like Jordan. Wonder how that will continue. Is he clean or not? What are the effects? The fraternals thing was fun though​:laughing:.

Lana and family dealing with the Kyle issue. Heavy stuff there. Clark and her friendship is great. Just really like that. And the conversation her and Kyle had at the end. That was something. They’re spilt for now. How will the kids react?

Clark with fun moments here. But as Supes things get dire. The funeral got intense. Then the avalanche resume. Very cool. But the betrayal and I mirrored fight. Very cool how they did that. But now arrested and on his way at to Edge.

Can Clark escape? What’s Ally’s next move? Is John truly down with the XK? All this and more Same :00_superman1:uper Time Same :00_superman1:uper Channel

3 Likes

I love this show! And I’ve never really been into to Superman centered storylines. So glad I gave this a chance. Now a coupla rules for the writers, who I’m sure are anxiously awaiting this keen insight​:sweat_smile::

1)DO NOT KILL LANA- I don’t care if it’s canon. Not everyone follows the comics enough to know every detail, who lives or dies, etc. Emmanuelle Chriqui is awesome as that character, who is proven to be strong and resilient and loved. It would be a mistake to lose her. If someone must go, I believe Kyle has rendered himself expendable. And I was rooting for him… lol

2)Time to heal Lucy and Lois’s relationship. Lois genuinely cares for and wants to help her sister, and they’ve both been through enough. Let’s have them reunite and become the new “super sisters” type of union as recently vacated by Kara and Alex Danvers.

3)Tread carefully down the path of challenging/changing Jonathan Kent. He’s a likable, intelligent and decent character who’s capable of realizing in advance that he’s going the wrong direction. And he has plenty of support and loved ones at home to help. It may not be necessary to extend this downward spiral much longer.

This truly is a fantastic show, far greater than I anticipated. In the absence of Arrow, this is my favorite.
Side note:
Anytime we can get more John Diggle/Arrowverse cameos it’ll be appreciated…

6 Likes

I do really like this show, but I do sometimes feel like it’s Dramatic for the sake of being Dramatic at times when it doesn’t have to be, especially between the brothers.

Edit: I realized that this bothers me the most because I work with high schoolers all day and while they are often Dramatic it’s rarely…that bad. Honestly. They’re a lot more dramatic about their school work or homework than about each other, though they’re all terrible gossips.

4 Likes

Will think episode make me give up on the show? Will it restore my interest? Time to find out.

2 Likes

I’m out. This show for all of season 2 has been a job I don’t get paid for. Just misery after misery and I do not need this now. Maybe I will be back for season 3 (probably 25% shot).

3 Likes

Another great, if very sad, episode. Didn’t see Bizarro’s death coming. Nice to see Tal-Rho getting more rounded out as a character, and his relationship with Clark evolving. Supes taking his brother to the sunlight to rescue him, while Bizarro was getting killed by Anderson was a powerful scene. Jordan Elsass’ acting was the highlight for me in this episode though. The tortured looks in his eyes throughout, and the breakdown at the end… really got to me.

Have to wait till 3/22 for the next one. Ugh; I hate the breaks.

4 Likes

They better not destroy Jordan and Sarah!!! Why did they bring that girl in?!! Why do the hand crap!!!

Jon gets worse and worse every episode, he sickens me every week, I wish he’d just be killed off.

3 Likes

Jon Got Caught with Drugs!
We Knew This Would Happen!
His Family Disappointed In Him!

I Agree Jordan and Sarah Shouldn’t Break Up!
The Death of Bizzarro!
I Didn’t See That Coming!

The Lt. Joining the Cult!
Superman Being Saved By His Brother!
Didn’t See That Coming, Either!

Can’t Wait for the Next Episode!
Lana On the Outs with Her Husband!
THis Season is Way Too Dark!

We Need the Show Too Lighten Up!
I Agree with Others!
We Don’t Need A Dark Show Right Now!

The World is Dark as It Is!
Covid!
The War In the Ukraine!

2 Likes

We have some lovely parting gifts for you. A month’s supply of Rice-a-Roni the San Francisco treat, a bottle of Turtle Wax and the Superman & Lois home game.

6 Likes

E7

Crazy episode

Sarah dealing with her dad. Reunited with an old friend. Interesting there. Seems like a good friend. And to talk. Lana figuring things out to gets the mayor good.

Jon get caught. He get talked to but Lois and the Clark going full dad mode. You see his eyes during that the moment he looses it. Just man. I can see where he’s coming from he think he’s doings good helping Candice but doing wrong at the same and just a complicated lesson for him in his life.

Supes is jail. Him and Tal bond then the escape. Bizarro Tal’s wife was probably Lois. As for that. Crazy fight. Anderson has lost it. The the choice to save Tal of help Biz. Poor Biz. Don’t think he’s dead. Supes May just be keeping a low profile.

Anderson in the other hand give Ally what she needs.

Is Jordan and Sarah in jeopardy? What going through Jon’s head? What’s Ally’s next move? All this and more Same :00_superman1:uper Time Same :00_superman1:uper Channel

3 Likes

Ok my quick thoughts.

As far as Sarah while arguably it made storyline sense for Sarah to call her friend for help with her dad, but unless I misunderstood (I forgot her name if it was mentioned before) that was supposed to be the girl she hooked up with in Summer camp. And it was clear they were hinting Sarah still had feelings for her. And I get this is CW and CW’s gonna CW, but I just don’t think anyone wants some kind of love triangle with Jordan and Sarah. Especially with the third a character we don’t really know. Granted the only options we do know are Jon and Natalie, and I think no one wants to see a Jordan’s brother or quasi-sister in a love triangle either. But seriously, I just don’t see this going anywhere most fans will enjoy. And if they wanted to tell a story about someone coming to grips with being queer and living the same sex then they really should have given it to Natalie or even Jon (Especially since his quasi-comic counterpart has recently been revealed to be bisexual). Got nothing against adding diversity to the cast, but Sarah doesn’t seem like a logical route to do it.

And as for Anderson.

I don’t get his character this season. Yes he was against Superman before now. But it was born out of misguided assumptions Superman was not on his side and pressure to find Bizarro to keep his job.

So he then goes off the deep end stealing the Kryptonian weapons then goes into hiding… which would imply he knew what he was doing would get him in worse trouble then just losing his position but did it anyway.

Then he gives the cult lady the gem. Why? I mean yeah maybe in a future episode that will make sense. But what could he have found out about it to make that seem like a good idea. It’s like they just randomly turned him evil for plot convenience.

I mean yes him giving the gem was something no one saw coming. But that was because it makes no sense. And while him killing Bizarro at least made storyline sense it was disappointing if that is how they wrote Bizarro out of the show.

In all honesty I just was not into this episode. It was an hour of characters doing things that made no sense either character wise or creatively, or both. Or things that might have made sense but were not really going anywhere that seems like it will be worth it.

Not trying to hate, I like this show and have liked this season. I am hoping this episode is just a dud, or that they will redeem the storylines in future episodes. But on it’s own I just didn’t really enjoy this episode that much. Although the scenes with Superman and Tal-Rho was good stuff, but not enough to save it overall.

3 Likes

This episode was fantastic. Poor Jonathan! He’s trying to make up for taking X-Kryptonite, then Candice comes with the extra stuff. He tries to hide it for her knowing if she gets caught with it, that’s it for her and her family…and he pays the price for it. You can see it in his eyes when Lois asks him who it belonged to. He knew the consequences not only for his relationship but also Candace’s family. And when Clark goes off on him, that breakdown he had afterwards, it breaks your heart. I know some people here haven’t been thrilled with Jonathan’s story, but if anything this episode shows you who he is as a person and what he goes through. It’s an adjustment moving to a new place, then your brother has super powers and wants to play football, the very thing you were good at, but you go to bat for him to play because he’s your brother. Then this season he makes a mistake and takes X-Kryptonite. When he’s called on it, he’s trying to find the best way to make it right, and then he gets pulled into an untenable situation where everyone is dog piling on him. I’d break down, too.

I’m so glad Anderson has gone rogue. The last thing we need is a drawn out “the military is against Superman” storyline. Now that he’s met up with Allie, things are gonna get interesting.

I sure hope Bizarro isn’t gone.

Also, glad Clark and Tahl sort of found a common ground. I was surprised when he told Clark to tell Jordan he was sorry and the way Clark called him brother made me think there’s hope for the both of them yet. I was dying when Tahl wanted to know who his wife was on Bizarro’s world.

3 Likes

The girl is named Aubry.

I might very well put Anderson at number 1 on my suckiest DC villains list. He just comes off as “I had nothing better to do than be evil this day.”

3 Likes

It was probably Bizarro Lois or Bizarro Lana. I think second.

4 Likes

This was an amazing episode!

-Loved the reverse action perspectives of Bizarros fight scene in the start juxtaposed with Clark’s in the end(vs the military). The mirrored imagery was clever and well done! :+1:t4:

-I do hope we see more of Super Lana, Bizarroworld or not…

-Clark and his brother got some bonding time. Tal-Rho is hilarious! “Wait, who is my wife?? I must know- she must be a GODDESS!”:sweat_smile:

-I’m not quite sure how Anderson found Clark’s lair, but oh well I guess…

-Bizarro was interesting, surely he’s not dead for realz…

-Finally, we get to witness the scariest version of Clark, as the angry father who unleashed verbal Hell on Jonathan, who absolutely had it coming lol.

I’m not as interested in the teenage boyfriend/girlfriend stuff, but I get why it’s there. Superman-centered plots cater to a wide audience, especially if we’re going down the second generation road, with the original characters now having teenagers of their own. We’re gonna see subplots around the kids. At least it’s been well done so far. If that’s the price of having such a good representation on tv, I’m all in. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:t4:

3 Likes

Clark gave him the coordinates to get Anderson to stop torturing Tal-Rho figuring it would keep him busy. Although he didn’t think it through with the mask, but I guess he had to give him an answer fast hence why.

3 Likes

Hmmm… I thought that was the wild goose chase he’d deliberately sent him on where they only found the damaged suit that Bizarro wore. I must’ve missed some info there. Thanks for telling me though, I was confused

2 Likes

Maybe I am confused but the wild goose chase was to Clark’s lair, I.E. the fortress of solitude. Bizarro was at Tal-Rho’s fortress. Anderson apparently found it because his people tracked where Superman went when he left. Which they also did when they found out he was in Russia.

Of course that begs the question of if they could do that how they never found the fortress before, or found out Superman was at the least frequently in Smallville. I mean yeah Sam Lane wouldn’t have used that ability specifically to not expose him, but did Anderson just not choose to before Russia, but wanted to now? Because he has not trusted Superman almost the entire season.

Honestly one of the many problems, Anderson just doesn’t make sense. He was a nuanced character before, someone who was confrontational but did it out of a seemingly genuine interest in protecting the country, protecting and avenging the soldiers he sent out, and even trying to save his command. But all that went out the window this episode when he apparently tossed his job aside for the Kryptonite weapons but if his biggest fear was losing his commany why would he do something guaranteed to cause him to become a fugitive, ergo even worse. And why did he run when he killed Bizarro? That was what he was sent to do, he succeeded. Because he was in trouble for imprisoning Superman? He got permission to do that, or did he lie? Hell, how did Clark gain their trust and explain it to them when from their perspective Anderson thought they were working together, then he comes to a secret base where Superman, Tal-Rho and Bizarro are together after breaking out of Prison which knowing nothing else would seem to show he is right? So how exactly did Superman clear his name. There was no explenation which given how it was written felt like it was because the writers wrote themselves into a corner and pulled a “it workout out off screen, trust us” explanation.

Sorry I know I am ranting just bugs me how Anderson’s whole storyline went sideways and he randomly just became evil and despite seemingly his fears being proven Superman just… explained it away off screen, just to suit the story.

3 Likes