:00_superman1:Superman and Lois S2 Discussion Thread :00_superman1:

Right, the Diggle appearance removed any doubt for me this is not set on the Prime Earth.

3 Likes

Still lovin’ the show (can’t wait for you-know-who, to come outta the ground), and still hatin’ the 5 o’clock shadow! You guys have pretty much covered everything else, and quite well. My only question here is, does the CW Krypton series connect to S&L in any way? Or is a stand alone outlier? I’m guessing that Clark’s underground problem, may provide an answer here.

2 Likes

Krypton was on SyFy, so its a different part of the vast VAST multiverse.

The 5 o clock shadow is the only thing I don’t like about the show, until Superman’s death at the midseason finale.

They’ve got “Reign of the Supermen” almost ready to go. Steel, Morgan, Jordan, one of the soldiers and we’re set.

3 Likes

Yeah, meant to say SyFy, sorry 'bout that. Reign of the Supermen, really? This I’ve got to see!

3 Likes

I miss Krypton. That was a show that was better than I expected. Sucks it ended on a cliffhanger.

4 Likes

Same. Such a cool show.

1 Like

The reason I didn’t watch it was specifically because I knew SyFy would cancel it. They cancel everything.

2 Likes

Yeah that stung. So did Lois & Clark.

I wish when networks decide to end shows unceremoniously like that, they would at least give existing fans a 2 hour special to wrap things up. Following a show for 2+ years and having it end like that is like buying a book missing the last chapter.

4 Likes

Even when given the extra time, satisfactory answers aren’t always forthcoming. Look at LOST. One of the biggest disappointments in television history. Generally speaking though, you’re right.

3 Likes

I thought Stargirl was in Earth-2

2 Likes

I think they’re going to do this comic crossover to hold us over for now. Then when they’re comfortable doing a crossover in person and live-action then they’ll get together.

2 Likes

Due to her hoards of connections and the cosmic staff’s interdimensional travel capabilities Stargirl is in whatever Earth she wants to be in.

2 Likes

In SyFy’s defense. They renewed it for a second season and were even developing a Lobo spin-off because it did so well. But then the ratings took a huge drop in season 2 which killed all that. Most have said had it not been produced by Warner so SyFy got no part of streaming (beyond the brief time it was on their app), toy sales, DVD sales, etc. it probably would have gone longer, but without that bringing it back was a risky move on a good day much less moving forward with a spin-off.

Is a shame, but don’t know that SyFy can be blamed.

4 Likes

Stargirl is indeed Earth 2, a new version of Earth 2 after Crisis erased the original one we saw in The Flash of course.

3 Likes

I hope so. Still, all I really want is the Arrowverse to acknowledge the Multiverse again, it’s way too annoying seeing The Flash for example keep saying the Multiverse is dead.

4 Likes

Maybe a story will come along where they’ll discover the multiverse still exists. There could be some cool story potential in that, including a hopeful moment where they realize it was Oliver that helped with that; one final gift from a departed friend :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You may be right. But they do have a bad track record.

2 Likes

I just finished the episode and…what an ending! It’s not Doomsday, it’s Bizarro.

Well done, writers!

2 Likes

Not surprising to me. Last season had a similar villain fake out.

2 Likes

Again Superman and Lois are the least interesting characters in Superman and Lois. Can they just write them out and focus on everything else?

2 Likes