:00_superman1:Superman and Lois S2 Discussion Thread :00_superman1:

E12

Great episode

John back at school and him Jordan and Nat go on a fun rebellious adventure to find power for her suit. Cool.

Lana deals with the truth. Interesting how they did it. She could be anger at Clark for saving people so then takes it out on Lios then realize it’s not right but still doesn’t want to be involved with super anything. I can see we’re it’s from with it all. Her family’s safety and all but it’s definitely not going to last.

Sarah and Kyle bond over music. Sweet.

Supes and Tal team up to stop the pendant to fight Ally who’s gone full Parasite. The succeed but now Ally is unhinged.

Can the stop Ally’s new power? Where is Tal? Can’t the Kushing’s and Kent’s patch things up? All this and more Same :superman:uper Time :superman:uper Channel

4 Likes

Is there hope for Jordan and Sarah?!

3 Likes

Also hope we get a flashback to Clark holiday shopping trying to get his sons the PS5 :rofl:

5 Likes

Imagine! That would be quite the adventure

5 Likes

Such a shame about Clark losing his powers while this huge threat to the earth is looming. If only there was another kryptonian superhero who’s just as powerful as Superman and could potentially help turn the tide of this battle

I know I’m a broken record on this, but I don’t care. It just continues to completely baffle me that we’re in yet another situation where even though she could be incredibly helpful, nobody has apparently even thought to call Kara

4 Likes

Supergirl discovered power napping, and does it way too much now.
Always assume that whenever danger strikes she is now just sleeping.

3 Likes

E13

Cool episode

The boys dealing with the split from Kushing’s. Mostly Jordan but has a great flying moment with Clark. A nice chat with John but stills feels left out.

Lana lashing out at everyone but they have a family dinner to patch it up.

The Steels deal with the suit and looks like Nat’s is here to stay.

Lois and Sam try to help Lucy. Nice bond the Ally comes and drains Supes and Sam dry. Not without powers what is there to do.

Will Ally merge the worlds? Can Superman recover? Who will step up? All this and more Same :superman:uper Time Same :superman:uper Chanel

2 Likes

Maybe she’s still off world dealing with whatever she was dealing with with Manhunter.:thinking:

If not then not a clue :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

If that’s the case, then they could’ve easily had a quick line explaining that by now but they can’t even be bothered to do that

3 Likes

Clark Kent Tells Lana Lang His Secret!
Lana Kicks Clark and His Family Out of Her Life!
Very Messy But Understandable!
Lots of Family Drama!

Lana Tells Jordan Not Too Tell Her Daughter His Secret!
Can’t Wait for Next Episode!

3 Likes

Yeah, this is getting rough. I like the plot for Superman and Lois, but knowing that Kara exists just makes the whole thing awkward. I mean can you just imagine the sheer joy of Kara learning that Jordan has learned to fly? I want to see all that. I just want to see her interact with this family. I understand the out-of-show reasoning but they need to give us something in plot to explain why Kara isn’t here.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure Superman’s brother is going to help save the day!

5 Likes

As for the rest of my thoughts on these latest two episodes because I was a bit behind.

I know this is a show about family but, boy, am I tired of the ‘We are you family, Lucy, come back to us.’ storylines. I get that it is important but I am exhausted by that and Tal-Rho’s ‘Brother! Come back to me! I’m your only true family.’ It all just feels over exaggerated and I already don’t like those plots to begin with so maybe that’s why they are bothering me.

But I will say this show is one of the few times I am voting for the actual family over the found family because Ally is a manipulative and terrible person and needs to be stopped. Lucy needs to be as far away from her as possible.

On the funny side, I’m not sure when Chrissy became the comedic relief but she is hysterical. Scrolling Clark’s online resume when she is supposed to be the lookout? Legendary. And she probably isn’t going to hire him anyway.

And Lana. I understand her reaction a bit. At first I was confused but I know where Clark is coming from, I’ve seen everything he has been through and Lana hasn’t. So, I get her original anger at Clark and then Lois. Though, yelling at Jordan was a bit much. Even she seemed to get that, though. At least she knows evil her is around and trying to kill her. So that’s good.

Lois being mad that Lana was mad at her was great. And then her reaction to Tal-Rho explaining how he had been mad at her was perfect. It’s all just great acting. Tal-Rho too. I can’t wait to see where he pops up next. Or what he does when he finds out Ally killed his alter-self.

Ok, I’ll stop my rambling. But I’m finally caught back up now. Not sure how many episodes are left in the season but it feels like we are moving towards a conclusion soon.

5 Likes

Ally Is Trying Too Merge the Two Earths!
Create an Army of Super Beings!
Superman Must Stop Her!

Superman is Hurt and In the Hospital!
Very Scary!
Superman Needs Too Defeat Ally!

Will Batwoman, Super Girl, Hawk Man and Hawk Woman, the Flash, Wonder Woman Ever Appear On the Show!
Will Jordan Become Super Boy?!

The Sky Is the Limit!
Can’t Wait for the Next Episode!

3 Likes

Is there hope for Jordan and Sarah after what I heard about the most recent episode!!!

4 Likes

WILD episode!

Clark’s got such a great support group when he’s feeling at his lowest.

Jordan being so proactive to protect Clark and then Sarah was hype!

Nat’s been really cool too in her heroics.

Really love the Irons. So suspenseful for JHI’s fate. Felt in Nat’s shoes seeing him go off all worried :cold_sweat:. Anyone else think the bright yellow lighting that appeared upon JHI’s impact through the portal was peculiar​:question:

The growth (or re-growth) of Lana and Kyle’s relationship through the season has been much more interesting to follow than I imagined it would’ve been. I think it’s made them each stronger people individually to struggle in their own ways separate from each other to then come back into each others lives slowly through healthy means of support. In my opinion, it was the right call to let their particular situation breath through the whole season.

My feelings on Kyle through the Seasons so far:
Season 1: :rage: - - :smile:
Season 2: :smile: - - - :frowning_face: - - - :smile:

(the frowny one’s disappointment in him)

4 Likes

Superman Loses His Powers!
Now, He’s Mortal!
Universes Colliding!

How Can Superman Save Two Worlds, Two Universes with Out His Powers?!
Jordan Defeats the Evil Lana Lang!
Along with Defeating His Evil Brother From Another Dimension!

Superman and Lois Is Better Than I Thought It Would Be!
Can’t Wait for the Next Episode!

4 Likes

Superman & Lois just doesn’t seem to disappoint me. I love what they’ve done so far with this story and where they’ve taken them.

Clark gets out of the hospital really quick. I was expecting him to be there for a while, but quick recovery is always good. Clark is struggling to recharge from the sun, as Jordan points out by trying to call out for him. That scene took me back to an older episode of The Flash, when Barry lost his speed (again) and the team asked to go on the Treadmill and Cisco joked about how slow he really his. Though that moment with Jordan wasn’t used for a comedic bit, it felt really similar.

The relationship between Lana & Kyle has been pretty interesting compared to those other relationship problems we’ve seen in the past with other CW shows. You can tell Kyle is trying to make up for what he did. But come on dude, you can’t take your daughter to the same place you met your secret girl and drank. At least he realized it was wrong lol. I hope that Kyle or Lana don’t die (I doubt it. He most likely be the one to go), but if they make Kyle and Lana get back together and again and make up, and he dead… They better make his final episode worth it, that’s all I’m gonna say.

Bizarro Lana & Jordan invade Earth Prime and that’s when Sarah learns the truth about Jordan, which was a cool way to reveal that to her. I really did imagine that moment as a page from a comic. That reveal didn’t feel like a lot, like how we saw with Clark’s reveal to Lana, but it also didn’t feel quick and lazy. Sarah is of course mad at mom for not telling her, but that gets quickly interrupted when everyone begins to see…

The Red sun appears from the Bizarro world. Everybody in Smallville looks up to the sky out of fear and the Bizarro world nears.

Great way to end that episode, and I can’t wait for next week to see how this all ends, and if it any way connects with the other characters of the Arrowverse.

3 Likes

I’ve popped onto this thread a time or to in the past. Taking in, all the thoughtful commentary. Which is why I hate going here (since it’s kind of the elephant in the room that @bromepeter424.24110 touched on, awhile back). But with the world on the brink of destruction, and Superman powerless, where’s cousin Kara? Hell, where’s the newly formed Justice League? Isn’t this why the team was formed in the first place?

I know, I know, for all intents and purposes (on this show), the rest of the “Arrowverse” has ceased to exist. We’re just supposed to forget about all those CRISIS crossovers for the past few years. As if their inclusion (in any form or fashion) would suddenly start unraveling the small screen formula that has made this series so successful.

All of which I absolutely agree with, but for that damn elephant! Surly some creative writing (on a show known for that very thing) could’ve explained their absence. Yes/no?

5 Likes

If past interviews are to be believed, the season finale is supposed to provide some sort of explanation.

Far as I’m concerned, it’s not an elephant in the room at all. In my mind, this is a very loosely connected universe. In coming seasons, should they decide there’s a Clark/Kara story they want to tell, then by all means they should tell it. Otherwise, passively mentioning that Kara is “off-world” or whatever reason she maybe unavailable doesn’t really add or subtract much from the current story, at least for me. It just doesn’t provide any satisfaction to be honest.

Having said that, yes, establishing a Hall of Justice and not using it for some team episodes is a huge missed opportunity. They should have made a show out of it.

4 Likes