Superman and Lois S1E15 Finale [Reaction Thread]

This was one heck of a Season Finale! I have no idea what they have in store for Season 2, could Tal-Rho actually be redeemed or is he too far gone? Jordan and Sarah declaring their love was so cute! I have loved the bromance that’s been developing between Irons and Clark.

1 Like

Oops. You’re right. Jordan is what I meant. Thanks!

1 Like

It was a decent episode. Sort of felt anticlimactic to be honest. I sort of figured Natalie would be making a reappearance. To be honest I hope they fix the Superman costume next year. Please for the love of all that is holy, get rid of the puffy shoulders. There was one point a few episodes ago that he was laying on the ground, and the shoulders were literally about 2 inches off of his body, so you saw this huge gap between his real shoulders and the suit…

2 Likes

The World’s Finest line was a nice touch :slight_smile:

2 Likes

SOLID first season. I really like this show. And personally the best adaption of Superman and one I can actually say where he has a spine. However, sadly as with every CW they ALWAYS have a solid first season. Second and in rare cases 3rd season are the little goldfish spinning around the toilet as they get flushed and the rest is just a ■■■■ show.
I hope that they don’t ■■■■ this show up by connecting it and crossing it over with everything else and actually keep up the good writing. But only the next season and possibly the season after that will tell. But this is a really great season. If CW fucks this and Stargirl up I will officially give up on this network.

3 Likes

Well I guess now we know the limitations of the language filter on this thing :joy:

5 Likes

When was this said?

1 Like

D89E7E83-E36C-403E-AB92-9B86470CECAE

3 Likes

It’s the ending tease for what’ll lead up to Season 2 (the dynamics between Nat, Lois, others and her getting acclimated to this new world) we’ll see those stuff and their interactions then.

1 Like

Why? For Nat, Lois was her mom her entire life before she was killed not too long ago, but our Lois only knows about Nat through videos and what John Henry has said

4 Likes

Exactly what @arkhamassassin said.

Nat showing up adds many confusing/conflicting feelings for Lois so it wouldn’t make sense for Lois to be: “OMG hi daughter!! :hugs:

To add on to Arkhamassassin’s point:

Lois didn’t give herself enough time to mourn but instead buried her feelings over the traumatic loss of her and CLARK’s daughter Natalie on this Earth and has only recently opened up about it more including to her Sons. In episode 8 her reaction to seeing the photos of her, Nat and John Henry left her speechless as it naturally would of course. She admitted that seeing the photos brought up those buried emotions of trauma that she suffered through. She has no issue separating any feelings of love from John Henry since she never fell in love with him on this Earth but then to see a version of her daughter alive but that isn’t hers from this Earth or made from the love of her and Clark but rather her and John Henry as you’d guess would be verrry awkward to have that suddenly show up at your front door.

Sorry @Reforged but just out of curiosity, did you watch the show? All the answers are in there for why Lois reacted the way she did.

4 Likes

I don’t see how. That ending scene from the finale is the very 1st time our Lois has ever met Nat. And she’s not even her mother – that’s the Lois from John Henry’s earth

Also, Natalie isn’t a doppelgänger of our Lois’ Natalie because that Natalie was never even born, so nobody knows what she would’ve looked like. And considering Clark would’ve been her father, she wouldn’t have even looked like John Henry’s Natalie

I also can’t blame you for not wanting to watch the show since I’ve got my own major (but different) issues w/ it. But if you’re gonna make arguments about the events of the season, you really need to know the full context of what happened in the episodes

4 Likes

Wait, you didn’t watch the season and you’re complaining about the finale? You can’t judge a 15 episode first season of a show by the last ten minutes.

I understand your point about Nat, but honestly Lois’ reaction makes sense given everything explained in the rest of the season. Lois knows who that is. Lois knows that is Nat from another dimension. Nat doesn’t know about Lois. That is the first time she is seeing her mother since she was killed on live tv. That’s why Nat says something and Lois doesn’t. Lois wants to give Nat a moment before having to explain that she isn’t her mother.

No show is going to be a perfect version of the comics. Certain lore or characters have to change to make sense on screen vs on paper. But Superman and Lois did a great job with it. Yes, some things changed and characters were added or adapted differently. But it was still a great show. I’d recommend you give it another shot. It is all on the CW app, I believe.

3 Likes

Early on Lois met Morgan Edge at the mines, layed out all the cards and told him to cut the crap since she didn’t want to play charades about each others intentions. Can’t get any more bold and blunt than that. :man_shrugging:

Either way, don’t think these discussions will go anywhere seeing as you don’t have context for the majority of the Series. We’ll just go back and fourth recapping what happened for you and explaining the reason for characters actions.

If you don’t like the show or interpretation of the characters from the 1st episode and Youtube clips you’ve seen it’s completely fine but coming into a finale thread to complain just seems like kicking up dust and it’ll be a lot healthier for everyone to leave these discussions behind and move on.

Have a good weekend everyone. :+1: @arkhamassassin @Row.Harper

3 Likes

Never said I didn’t. Also, my response doesn’t conflict w/ @Row.Harper’s. Even though that scene was the 1st time our Lois was seeing Natalie in person, she immediately knew who it was considering that she called John Henry “dad”

3 Likes

Except there’s no easy way to explain that she’s not actually Natalie’s mother and that this is a different earth. That’ll certainly come soon, but it’s still an incredibly difficult situation. It’s an effective way of showing how even someone like Lois who writes and reports for a living can be speechless

3 Likes

It’s obvious to me you only came to this thread to argue. I’m sorry I didn’t notice that last night.

I’m not going to talk about a finale to a person who hasn’t seen the series. I’m sorry you have issues with the 5 minutes of this show that you saw. But if you want to complain about it this isn’t the thread to do it in.

In order to keep this thread on topic I’m going to stop responding here. Have a good one everyone! See ya next season.

3 Likes

Didn’t see his name mentioned here through the search function sooo shout-out to Tom Cavanagh for directing this episode. Throughout the whole season they kept the cinematic feel to the series with such framework and transitional shots. Along with David Ramsey who brought the same quality feel. So big thumbs up to all the directors of this season and can’t wait for Season 2!!

3 Likes

Yea, I kind of got the impression she’s putting it together, too.

3 Likes

Well said, @arkhamassassin!

4 Likes