Superman 40th Anniversary Screening

Hey fellow fans! I just got back from watching Superman: The Movie in theaters! First time seeing it on the big screen & it was surreal! When the Superman Theme came on during the opening credits I could feel the bass in my chest! I couldn’t help but have a smile on my face the entire time.

Who else is going to see it while they can? What did you think of it?

It’s playing again on the 27th & December 3rd. You can go to fathom events.com to buy tickets.

6 Likes

Sounds awesome. Thanks for the info. My sister actually took me to see this movie when I was a kid. I would love to relive that moment.

2 Likes

I saw it. It was actually my second time in theaters since I saw it for the 25th Anniversary as well. Had a great time with my friends who hadn’t seen it on the big screen before.

I saw it. It was actually my second time in theaters since I saw it for the 25th Anniversary as well. Had a great time with my friends who hadn’t seen it on the big screen before.

2 Likes

I’m seeing it tomorrow. Thrilled to see it on the big screen again. I’m also excited to see the first Fleischer Brothers Superman short on the big screen with it.

Get there early for the short. It actually came on before the scheduled start time of 2:00 PM for me. The movie itself started at 2:00.

Did the short have the opening and closing Paramount logos? Also, the Fathom Events trailer said the movie has an itroduction from Ralph Garman; did your screening have that?

1 Like

I actually don’t know. By the time I got in the theater, it was already in the middle of the short. I’d suggest being there at least 20-30 minutes early

For some reason, my local theater is only carrying it on December 3. I hope I’ll be able to go!

I saw it, and I loved it. I’m thinking of trying to see it again.

2 Likes

I’m heading out to my theater soon, can’t wait!

Upon arriving at the theater, I’d like to dance and jump around with happiness like Homer Simpson did when he dreamed about being in the Land of Chocolate. But…I’ll keep my dignity and such. I’ll just “do the Homer” in my mind =)

Anyone else going today?

1 Like

As I type this, I’m about to walk into the theater to see it. Though this movie (along with its sequels) was a huge part of my childhood, I’ve never seen it on the big screen before now. I was just a few years too young the first time around.

2 Likes

I was a few years too young too. Anyhow, I went with my best friend and there was only one other person in the theater. It was really cool seeing a Fleischer Brothers short on the big screen, although the framing looked a bit off. As for the main attraction, it was really fantastic to see it on the big screen.

I went to a comic store afterward and bought some Action back issues that aren’t available digitally to commemorate the occassion.

The Fleischer short was not shown in my theater, for whatever reason.

Seeing the movie on the big screen was definitely worth it. I was a kid again for a couple of hours.

My wife had to keep nudging me to get me to quit saying the lines under my breath along with the movie.

2 Likes

I hate all of you JK not nothing close to me is showing it I’m not driving 3 hours think a Superman movie watch party would be fun

Wow! Thanks for all the responses everyone! I really want to go see the movie again & I would if I had more disposable income!

I was 24 when Superman the Movie came out, I can still remember everything about watching it that first time. My wife, not a comic book fan even liked it. I used to have the ticket stubs for years, they’re probably still kicking around in a box in the basement somewhere.

1 Like

I won 4 tickets and the Signed Richard Donner Poster…But Couldn’t attend the movie in theatres and they couldn’t move my dates around. So I kinda missed out.

1 Like