superman 1978 movie Vs batman 1989

Debate what u like better if you know me I will say superman but the batman 89 was great

3 Likes

Batman 89. This is my all time favourite film. I don’t think it’s the best, but it’s personally my number one Batman film, mainly down to nostalgia. Superman is still the best Superman film ever made though.

2 Likes

Batman 89. This is my all time favourite film. I don’t think it’s the best, but it’s personally my number one Batman film, mainly down to nostalgia. Superman is still the best Superman film ever made though.

Both great movies

3 Likes

Batman is a fun action movie. Superman: The Movie is cinematic magic.

They’re both great, but I choose Superman.

6 Likes

Both are fantastic and iconic.

I’m a Superman nut, so my vote goes to Supes '78

6 Likes

Yes both are amazing

5 Likes

With @DCCC they are both fantastic but I have to go with 1978 Superman. I look at it as if you could only watch one from now on which would it be… and then the answer is clear to me.

4 Likes

Love both. I like Superman more but problems with Superman The Movie include too much Brando, horrible voice over by Lane during flying scene, and flying around the planet is not going to turn back time, if it has any effect it would be tsunamis, earthquakes and such.

4 Likes

@msgtv’s opinion of Brando in Superman '78 is considered sacrilege by the masses.

But ya know something?

He’s right!

4 Likes

@msgtv, did you know the lois and Sup’s flying scene was originally a song. But yes that is probably the only somewhat not perfect part of that movie.

1 Like

I did not know that.
But, even seeing the min theaters as a teen I said “this fly around the world to turn back time is rubbish, it nae works that way”

3 Likes

Oh I know it would have thrown us all in space.

1 Like

Then in Supes II he looses his powers if he marries LL. Why? Under what concept of Kryptonian biology would this occur? Does the sun turn red,earth gravity increases? No.

1 Like

I enjoy Batman more as a movie. I think Superman is less than the sum of its perfect parts.

Again, Batman great for it’s time. But, the Prince songs are awkward and what is Ken Wahl even doing here?

Robert Wuhl?

2 Likes

That’s what I said

2 Likes

He’s talking about Ken Wahl famous Extra/ Background actor, he was one of the people running for their life from joker gas during the parade scene

1 Like

Ragdollrebel that’s it, that’s the ticket