Superman (1978) and Batman (1989) on TCM Watch-Along April 23

You can’t beat classic Looney Tunes. One Froggy Evening and Three Little Bops are favorites of mine as well.

2 Likes

I love both of those too. I think TCM showed or will show One Froggy Evening this month.

2 Likes

:frog:

2 Likes

If Superman intro doesn’t make you love movie theme music by John Williams, I don’t know what does, he’s a genius!:grinning:

4 Likes

:00_superman1: :00_superman1: :00_superman1: LET’S GOOOOO!!! :00_superman1: :00_superman1: :00_superman1:

2 Likes

Okay, Ben has stopped talking. Superman is beginning!

2 Likes

I’m not able to watch Superman with y’all, but I am playing the music!

2 Likes

The classic opening with a comic is a great opening to any heroes film, according to @HubCityQuestion the comic is just a prop for the movie, I thought it was real.:grinning:

2 Likes

The Superman theme is one of my favorite movie themes.

2 Likes

I always did too!

1 Like

Saw this last week (first time in the theater), and these titles are SOOO COOL in that setting!!!

3 Likes

l have always wanted to see it in the theatre, but I never have.

1 Like

It’s really cool! Definitely recommend it if you ever get the chance!

1 Like

I saw it in a theater when it first came out. Being a comics fan you can just imagine how exciting that was for me.

2 Likes

That had to be amazing

3 Likes

Have a great watch along, bye. :grinning:

:superman: :batman:

2 Likes

I am not sure, but i think this is the 1st time Siegel and Shuster were credited as Superman’s creators since the Golden Age. I They were credited on the Fleischer cartoons, but I thinkthey were not on the serials, 1950s TV show, or Filmation cartoons.

3 Likes

To this day, when I think of Terence Stamp, I think of Zod before any other roles.

3 Likes

He does such an iconic job as Zod.

2 Likes