Superheros That Went To College

So… I am an Resident Assistant in an actual Resident hall this time and I want to start brainstorming ideas on how I want to decorate my hall. I’m thinking of doing Superheros that went to college, to show my residents that even superheros were college educated. I would love if you would help me out with this, all I would need is for you to tell me an Superhero who went to college and if possible what college they went to. Also if you’re awesome would you mind sending me the comic you learned about this hero from! I will make sure I send you all pics of my hall once I’m finished!

3 Likes

Mr. Terrific is a good one to start with since he has 14 (I believe) PHD’s

3 Likes

Superman, Batman, and the Flash would all have to be college educated, I’m pretty sure.

4 Likes

In BTAS continuity both Dick Grayson and Barbra Gordon went to Gotham University.

Ray Palmer went (and in the Silver age) was a professor at Ivy University.

Barry Allen got a degree in forensic criminology. (I want to say CCU, Central City University, that’s CWVERSE Flash continuity, I’m not sure if it’s the same college in comic book continuity.)

Both Wally West and Artamis from Young Justice (earth-16 continuity) both went to Stanford.

Clark Kent graduates from Metropolis University (with a degree in journalism, one would guess)

3 Likes

Neat idea!

Barbara Gordon (Batgirl/Oracle) has several degrees. I believe she went to Gotham State University for forensic psychology. She also has a degree in Library Science (PhD pre-Flashpoint). She was actively pursuing advanced degrees at the end of the new 52 and early Rebirth runs in Burnside. She also revealed that she got a law degree from Harvard in the Bruce Wayne Murderer story arc.

Barry Allen (Flash) has a degree in forensic science. I think it’s from Central City University.

1 Like

Clark Kent went to Metropolis University, where he dated a mermaid. (Silver Age, everyone!) Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson were both college dropouts, but Bruce was irate that Dick left Hudson University to focus on his crimefighting. Hypocrite.

3 Likes

As much as I love Babs, her law degree was hilariously contrived. Honestly, it would have been more plausible (and still relatively in-character) if she’d just forged a law license to get inside Bruce’s defense team instead of somehow gathering enough knowledge to take the Bar (which includes such crime-fighting-relevant subjects as property, civil procedure, constitutional law, business associations, and wills and trusts) from “a correspondence course in law” because she “already knew most of it.”

@AlexanderKnox: I thought Bruce had multiple PHDs, which wouldn’t be possible without a bachelor’s degree.

@BatJamags - Golden Age Batman graduated from college, but here’s what we’re told in Denny O’Neil’s “The Man Who Laughs” about his education: “He attended many campuses–and many other places of learning*–but he never stayed long.”

*This line of narration is accompanied by a panel of Bruce standing by a burning barrel with some homeless people.

2 Likes

Anyway, back on topic: Lois Lane went to Raleigh College, and Supergirl went to Stanhope College. And Etta Candy, of course, went to Holliday College. Woo woo!

1 Like

Correction: I meant “The Man Who Falls.” Too many men doing things with a relative pronoun!

1 Like

Harley Quinn has a couple of PhDs

2 Likes

So does Jonathan Crane

2 Likes

Martin Stein I think it is safe to assume has a college degree and a doctorate. Although don’t know where he went. Ronnie Raymond went to college but don’t know if he got around to graduating.

2 Likes

Reed Richards, Ben Grimm, and Victor Von Doom all went to college together (NYU?). Peter Parker also. Dr. Henry Pym, Tony Stark, and Dr. Bruce Banner all should have gone to college. Matt Murdock has a law degree and so does Harvey Dent and Jennifer Walters. Dr. Alec Holland. Carter Hall (was he a PHD or just college educated?).

If you like alternative world fan fiction below is link where
Young Justice members fo to college meet and becomes friends.

Roy Harper is RA

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7853343/1/Camp-Us

I believe Barry Allen has a bachelor’s degree in forensic science and I remember Wally West saying that he was pursuing his doctorate in physics.