Supergirls Many Outfits

Supergirl has had many outfits.
Which one’s your favorite?
Which is the best?
Which is the worst?
Pictures are welcome

4 Likes

Most of them are great. Truly great. Picking the best is an impossible task. I will always be leaving out favorites.

But to highlight a few.

The OG bright blue dress and yellow belt is a timeless classic. While the classic might now be considered to be the red skirt, I was really happy when they returned the blue dress in a new take recently.

The DCSHG version deserves it’s own mention. This is the best version of the red skirt outfit. Accessorizing Kara was a new take, and it works so well. The stone in her necklace deserves to be made canon in her regular comics in her next reboot.

Now for the DO NOT’s

Don’t take away the bright colors. She is a symbol of hope. The season 5 CW suit goes into histort’s garbage bin for not understanding the essence of Kara’s suit. It’s hope. This is sadness.

That time when they let a fetishist joker dress a 16 y.o. version of Kara in black shredded leather. Let’s never ever ever ever do this again.

5 Likes

I don’t like season 5 either.
Really bad year of the villain costume.
Yes to DC superhero girls.
And the original.

2 Likes

This is probably one of my favorite looks for Kara. It just comes across as strong and cool with a slight touch of feminity.

10 Likes

Cool.

1 Like

Asrar’s New 52 Supergirl.

7 Likes

Red Lantern SG!

8 Likes

I liked the the tv shows original outfit

It’s similar to this one which is good as well

Pretty much all the ones that have her wearing a crop top I don’t like, and I wear crop tops constantly. They always draw it too short so her proportions are weird, ridiculous and unflattering.

9 Likes

I always liked Hot Pants Supergirl.

And Bruce Timm Supergirl

8 Likes

These have been some of my favorites.

9 Likes

I also love the traditional blue skirt as well as the Rebirth suit

I love, love, love me some dark Kara, so the Red Lantern suit is one of my favorites (though I kinda wish it DID have pants)

And there is just something about this outfit I really enjoy. I haven’t pinpointed it yet, but I will

Oh and of course the Bombshell version

9 Likes

While I get it’s probably a costume more looked down on nowadays, because this was the version I was first exposed to when I was getting into comics, I tend to first think of the Michael Turner style of Supergirl when she was brought back shortly before Infinite Crisis.

6 Likes

Loving all of these looks! I think one of my favorites is the one @OmniLad posted. I love how it deviates just enough from Superman’s to be distinct, but was clearly designed to look strong and cool. The way the fabric gives the impression of being a cape is just so cool, too.

7 Likes

That suit really is a fantastic change from the “norm”

2 Likes

Anyone know where this outfit came from?

6 Likes

Looks like it’s from the Superman: Unbound animated movie

2 Likes

Thanks.
I found it on Google and thought it looked cool, but I didn’t know where it was from.

3 Likes

My favorite costume is the one Helen Slater wore in Supergirl movie, along with Supergirl’s outfit in Superman The Animated Series.:slightly_smiling_face:
I don’t like the one with blue skirt, In my opinion I always think it should be red. And I don’t like Supergirl outfit from her season 5 series.

3 Likes

Alright, since everyone’s crapping on it, I’ve gotta defend it: Supergirl’s season 5 outfit is amazing and nobody can convince me otherwise

9 Likes

I agree, I love this look. I totally want to steal those boots! Would that be a villainous act? :thinking:

5 Likes