Supergirl Suit Poll!

Are girl Melissa Has finally gotten a suit change and I wanted to Know which Suit is the best

• S1 (classic) suit
  • S5 suit

0 voters

7 Likes

For reference
S1image

S5

6 Likes

I don’t like the color balance on the new suit.

14 Likes

I appreciate the comic accuracy of the first suit, but this season’s just looks objectively better. Kara was overdue for a change, and the show absolutely delivered on that front

6 Likes

S1 looks like Supergirl
S5 looks terrible to me. On that picture she looks more like Mystique than Kara.

The colors are all wrong. It evokes a dark world. Kara should be popping as the hope in the world. The red and blue needs to light the room.

9 Likes

I like the season 1 suit.

5 Likes

Maybe if red briefs/skirt were on the outside of the pant suit… :stuck_out_tongue:

I prefer the season 1 suit.

9 Likes

@Thebatman.7002 I like season 1 and I would like to see it a bit brighter. Do something similar to Flash and slowly make it brighter.

7 Likes

Season 1

6 Likes

Season 1 all the way.

6 Likes

Season 1

5 Likes

I love the original, but the new one is great. I wish we could have a mix of both with the colors and a yellow belt

5 Likes

Looking at the pictures again, I think I would be more on board with the new suit if she didn’t get those bangs. Regardless, still a much bigger fan of the classic suit.

5 Likes

I didn’t like the skirt though. I feel like it kind of made the suit look more gender-based and I think one of Supergirl’s biggest powers is to settle gender inequality.

4 Likes

Then again, I don’t know how well she’d pull off the red trunks. :wink:

4 Likes

I view the skirt differently in that context. I think showing female characters embracing femininity while being super strong and powerful is extremely important in discussions of equality. Femininity is strong too. The idea that a skirt or other traditional feminine visuals/behaviors are inherently weaker is something I like seeing subverted. Supergirl is often a good example of this.

Does she need the skirt? No, there have been comic depictions I’ve liked with pants/no skirt, but I do not like the tv show pants.

(Edit: I don’t think all female characters need to/should embrace traditionally feminine traits, just that some should be able to unabashedly. I like seeing a variety of female characters.)

5 Likes

I am a fan of the season one suit. Heck, let’s shorten those boots a little so we can see more of her legs.

2 Likes

Season 5 :100:

4 Likes

Neither. The white suit is the best for giving her a clear separate identity from Clark.

4 Likes

That and the visual blandness of the pants are what kills it for me. Put the skirt over the pants, or make the top a tunic. Something’s gotta flare out around the hips for her. Jim Lee had it right in Millenium (minus the scarf-y cape in this case):

5 Likes