Superboy (Conner Kent/Kon-El) Appreciation Thread

Exactly!

2 Likes

Suck a badass, but can a badass handle kryptonians coming for his neck?

5 Likes

What are your thoughts on New 52 Superboy. I don’t think it’s well-received, although it would be nice to get some insight on other opinions.

4 Likes

I feel like he got more hate than he deserved

4 Likes

Kon won Round Robin!!!

5 Likes

Ah yes finally I’m amongst my people.

4 Likes

Oh I absolutely adore N52 Superboy, but I have a heavy bias his solo was the first comic I ever bought myself. All my comics before were given to me by friends. I know a lot of people dislike the n52 in general and that leaks into the interpretations as well.

I for one Enjoyed the Kon and Jon from the n52 as well as the new additional powers they brought along and the interesting uses They had for them. Though admittedly they were way more brutal than Post crisis Conner usually was.

I’m a fan of both and I kinda wish more people acknowledged like n52 superboy as valid.

N52 wasn’t all bad guys.

4 Likes

N52 is my second-favorite era of dc…

Although, until last night, I had no idea Kon was in it.

4 Likes

That’s pretty wild. Good too see a fellow n52 fan. And I’m glad you found out about n52 superboy. Don’t let DC hide him

4 Likes

I’ll have to check him out.

I mean “it”! I have to check it out! Heh…

2 Likes

My collection of superboy Heavy/superboy comics

4 Likes

I absolutely love this funky guy! I first saw the version of him in the Young Justice cartoon, but now that I’ve read his post crisis comics I love him more there. I enjoyed first reading him in Reign of the Supermen and it was so cool how instantly distinguishable he was from Clark. I haven’t finished his solo because I have a hard time enjoying it with the creepy age gap relationship taking such center stage (plus the 80s sexism), but I loved reading Kon in Young Justice 1989. He’s such a fun character with a lot of vibrancy and interesting origin that I really enjoy and I’m so glad a comic starring him seems to have won Round Robin this year!
I do like New 52 Conner as a separate thing, but I’m very glad to also have the original Conner back in comics with all his friends.

5 Likes

The new 52 could have and still should be rolled into who Conner is now, thry would just have to change (retcon) things to make it fit.
1 being thst harvest created him, make it that he kidnapped him and mind wiped him
2 thst his TTK was a result ofNOWHERE suppressing his kryptonian DNA and amping his TTK.
3 he is NOT a clone of Jon lane Kent, that was when it all went south, everything else before and after this could have been saved somehow, but this ruined it. He should be the clone of superman and lex just like in every version of him you see everywhere.

I liked the character myself, thought he had great potential, thoight his TTK he had to focus to use could have easily been also used for a kryptonian powered Conner, plus his TK senses either the sensing everything around him by micro vibrations or his touch scans, those were great things that should be added to our Conner we have now.

The Titans shows SB already has the barcode tattoo, and the epigentic memory, which both came from the new 52 superboy 1st.

5 Likes

Btw for any who care I just wrote my entire theory and way to make the new 52 and our Conner work as one over on the round Robin thread

4 Likes

They could do what they did with the two Clark’s and have them merge together

5 Likes

I would be all for that, IF and only IF his dna was from lex and Clark, everything else could be played with, but having the dna not like every single version of him on everything you watch and read is just dumb.

3 Likes

I think I kinda got what they were going for now a couple years later. I think they wanted Jon to be extremely important and thought connecting Connor to Jon could make it more relevant that previously. Especially with the next generation DC has been pushing constantly. As well as Adding some interesting aspects to Jon. But needed a more clear vision from the start, which I will say N52 did not have.

2 Likes

DC wanted their Jon one way or another, didn’t care how, they just wanted him to work. Course Jon has been aged up to many times, and Kon got screwed for it to happen

4 Likes

On a n52 Conner related note, Poor bunker, they were like best bros and now that Conner is just up and gone.

3 Likes

2 Likes