Superboy (Conner Kent/Kon-El) Appreciation Thread

I’m not fond of the Jackets, Jackets, Jackets aspect of Mora’s design (and I really do love having Dan at DC, on both variants, covers and interiors, but not so much - necessarily - as a designer) BUT I am thrilled that we are finally getting rid of the stupid spikes from his 90s leather jacket, which we can blame on Gleason or Bendis or both.

@Axel_Railgun UGH, spikes.

2 Likes

The gleaaon/bendis suit was a “try hard” “wannabe” suit if I ever saw one.it was a jioe and I’m glad they are getting away from it.i wish they would have just went ahead and used the OG suit ,that suit is perfection in my mind.the only thing the newer suit brought that was good was using the fingerless gloves.

But they do need some black and red representation,I mean seriously how long and how many ways does most ppl see Conner,yeah not the cool comic supersuit,but the black and red t-shirt,jeans,and boots .

Heck even the CW superman show had the ssense to have Jon-El wear a combination of both,DC “comics” needs to start being smart and respect his while history,not just parts thst they think will go over with a small group

1 Like

I see McFarlane is going to do a Multiverse action figure of Kon, which is great since I’ve been wanting one and the only one I could find when I started looking (late) was the Mattel one with the awful sculpt. And the YJ cartoon solar suit, while plenty available, was marked up like the most valuable out of print edition of a collected TPB.

But sadly this McFarlane is also including those stupid spikes.

Sigh.

2 Likes

So I’m reading the Smallville comics. Smallville: Titans stuck to Kon’s original powers and origin, and I loved it!

1 Like

The Smallville Season 11 books were great. My chief complaint was going back and wasting an arc on Lana. I would not have minded if they spent more time with the AU versions of Superman.

2 Likes

Whoever approved those spikes needs fired immediately .

If they are keeping him in a supersuit they should bring back the original,it was the far superior one

2 Likes

I liked thst they gave him attitude,but he was still trying to be a leader.

I liked that he was with Meggan,just like on the YJ show but done in a healthier way.

I loved thst he had the full kryptonian powerset which we saw in the smallville episode “scion” but his flight was based on his TK,so he could fly,blast stuff,shield stuff,and levitate stuff.he was a complete package,unlike what we have now in the comics,because DC is stubbornly keeping his “trademarked” power locked away

3 Likes

Smallville Season 11 improved on a lot of the mistakes Smallville the tv show made, and in some respects, cleaned up and improved on a lot of the mistakes that DC was making with (since they were being released in the same years) the New 52 Superman, and in the mainline DC.

2 Likes

Yeah fro awhile there this was “my” DCU,cause it worked so well and gave characters the respect and shine they deserved,especially Conner.

1 Like

Anybody have anything to say about todays episode of Titans?

3 Likes

titans-4x06-connor-luthor

3 Likes

Sorry I’m way behind on titans

2 Likes

Mostly just wish they didn’t go for the full bald look. Was hoping that they were going to give him his undercut with how it started.

2 Likes

Well, this has certainly come as a jumpscare to someone who hasn’t seen Titans since Season 2 …

3 Likes

I’ve been keeping up w/ the show regularly and this still felt like a jumpscare, so you’re not alone :scream:

3 Likes

This was awesome,as a conner/kon fan you should be eating this stuff up.the show is doing what geoff John’s was to afraid to do,letting hsi inner lex out,but using a more mature and assholish version of the 90s SB voice to do it

1 Like

2 Likes

3 Likes

Joshua is easily the best part of that show.

2 Likes

Without a doubt,he plays the character really good,plus I think the character is really put together well,personailty,powers,memory look,etc

2 Likes