Superboy (Conner Kent/Kon-El) Appreciation Thread

dont blame the character
blame the editorial and bendis

2 Likes

kon pfp
current design is almost peak
kon edit
if only one singular addition to it might make it easier for non comic readers to get into conner comics
having the same S as when he had the black shirt might make people realize its the same dude @DC89 this is what i was talking about

3 Likes

i am in no way better than official designers at dc but seriously i feel like the yellow being replaced with black should have happened

2 Likes

It totally works. :+1: It’s cleaner and creates a better effect for Kon’s look.

4 Likes

and if they want

his back is mostly empty

just another idea

2 Likes

The black instead of the yellow on his chest,and a yellow stitched looking symbol on his back would be my choice,and bring him full circle.

3 Likes

dang
superboys vsbattle page actually got updated but they forgot the fact that he can disrupt electrical stuff now

2 Likes

its a pretty recent feat and could be wrong but im sure an article or two mentioned it
dunno how the guys on the site missed it

2 Likes

but it is something they do for fun and it takes a while to look through everything with a character to determine feats
so its no big deal and they’ll likely add it later
(hopefully they add an image of his current design too because hes not in the t-shirt anymore)

2 Likes

I dug out a Longbox that had his solo series and man do I miss that version of Superboy. Kesel writing, Grummett on art, the Leeches, Tana, Krypto, Guardian, Dubbilex, Knockout, and Westfield…those were good days. And I even liked the Ron Marz stuff too!

There’s this great run of Superboy comics, but they seem to have been forgotten by most because of the Geoff Johns retcon, or they’re dismissed because it’s not like Conner from Young Justice (the animated series, not the comic).

It’s true that comics change and evolve over time and you can never go home again, but this solo series always has a special place in my heart.

3 Likes

i wish there was some sort of statement saying the leeches have a stable life now
knockout is probably in space somewhere so i dont need anything knockout anymore unless shes a villain again , tana is dead , i would love for guardian to show up again and i would love for dubbilex to show up again but last time he was used was to hack brainiac by amanda waller so i have little to no hope for him
and conners black shirt era side characters are gone too

conner could be brought back by popular demand but his supporting cast isnt something dc cares about because superboy is the moneymaker

2 Likes

I like it. :+1:

3 Likes

posting covers that are homages/references to stuff

i think this is technically a homage cover just with conner having a bag on his shoulder

many references here

dragon ball

this one is so obvious im not even mentioning the reference

reference to the famous flash races

reference to his history in general

reference to the catchphrase but also the classic cover

2 Likes

any of You Wise Kon-El Super fans know which story this is ? Or is in ? Or if it’s even a real story behind this at all ? asking for me lol

2 Likes

no idea where its from

2 Likes

Aquaman #3

3 Likes

Aquaman was kons b!tc$,until he came back with a ■■■■ load of whales to pretty much drown him.

Course now,conner is even more powerful and can hold his breathe better than he did back then,plus he could make a air bubble with his TTK,or just control the water around him and use it against aquaman and friends

3 Likes

i recently remembered this and its inconsistent but do you guys think conner can breathe in space ?

1 Like

Without TTK it depends on wether or not Kryptonian’s currently can.

2 Likes

It was the unexpected Tsunami after waiting for hours that tripped him up. I’m pretty sure Kon would have the third round.

Also my god the rizz of this man is ridiculous. He just fought all three of them.

2 Likes