Super Weekend Watching

:football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football:

Since it is Super Bowl weekend, I was wondering what everyoneโ€™s favorite football themed superhero episode or film. I always like to watch superheroes on Super Bowl weekend, because I havenโ€™t cared for football since Joe Montana retired and I love superheroes, so it is still a Super Weekend for me.

I will start, my favorite is, no surprises here, Wonder Woman :wonderwoman: :0_wonder_woman: :00_wonder_woman_1982: โ€œThe Deadly Sting.โ€ It is about a guy who is using blowdarts to mind control people and rigs football games to win bets to fund his research. What about you guys? What do you choose as your favorite football themed superhero content?

:football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football: :football:

By the way, I am not just limiting to DC if your pick is truly from another company or even a non-comic based superhero. I just want to see what everyone else enjoysโ€ฆ

3 Likes

The football themed episodes in Smallville. It is why I always think of 8 as being his canon number.

2 Likes

Do you have a favorite of the Smallville football episodes? I think mine would be โ€œHotheadโ€

2 Likes

Same one. Great episode.

I also love the episode with in name only Myxy.

2 Likes

I wish we had seen more of Mxyzptlk. Underrated character for sureโ€ฆ

2 Likes

Gotta go with Batman: The Animated Seriesโ€™ โ€œFear of Victoryโ€.

4 Likes

Oohh, didnโ€™t even think of that one. Good choice.

3 Likes

The football-themed superhero:

A Super Bowl-flavored edition is also available:

โ€œCollectorโ€™s item!โ€ Mmhmm. :smirk:

3 Likes

Nice find

2 Likes

Very fitting!

2 Likes

Thank you.

When I was a kid, I had this issue that came in a bundle of assorted Marvel books I got for Christmas around '91 or, at the latest, '92 (ah, the days of when Sears and J.C. Penny sold comic bundles for Christmas):

Even as a kid, I knew it was goofy. Fun, but goofy.

A touchdown of a :superman:uper pick, you could say.

Dr Evil Austin Powers GIF - Dr Evil Austin Powers Mike Myers GIFs

2 Likes

I loved the Sears Wish book as a kid

1 Like

My four eyes were glued to that and the Pennyโ€™s Christmas catalog every Christmas throughout my childhood.

1 Like

It was literally Christmas before Christmasโ€ฆ

1 Like

Indeed.

My family kept all of our Christmas catalogs as part of our Christmas decor, so it was Christmas before Christmas and, depending on when the 'rents and us kiddos took everything down after December, Christmas after Christmas.

1 Like

Young Clarkโ€™s punt in Superman I

1 Like

That one definitely went the distanceโ€ฆ

1 Like