Super Sketches from DCU Community Members!

Here’s the next page without colors.
I’m working on a “here’s how i do it step by step”. if anyone would be interested. I’ll post it here when I get it done.
BTW I think my coloring sux, never have liked it…

12 Likes

Flawless perspective, it’s like we’re in the room with them.

@tuxnut Your Axl Rose sketch reminds me of David Yurkovich’s art041604_lessthanheroes03

6 Likes

I love the perspective here. Especially on a curved wall, it’s not easy to do.

3 Likes

Here’s my latest attempt at a splash page Of my original character. I even colored it traditionally instead of digitally! What do y’all think? Am I ready to submit work to DC? (With their characters of course)

21 Likes

Now that’s ACTION!!!

5 Likes

You guys have some great work!

3 Likes

Sorry for my absence as of late. Inktober, the World Series, and half marathon training ate up so much time last month I haven’t properly been on. Now that all that stuff is done my focus can refocus.

Anyone remember The Heckler? A short lived, six issues and cancelled series from the early 90s. He was basically Bugs Bunny the superhero that would defeat villains by annoying them. I love it, and plan to do a series of him with other characters (although I still have one last ‘Fourth World Problems’ to wrap up).

I do need a title for the series, so if anyone has any ideas let me know.

My current thoughts are:
“The Heckler in the corner”
“Nobody puts Heckler in the corner”
“Shekel for a heckle”
“A little speckle of heckle”
“Helping Hands from the Heckler”

Please ruminate and let me know your insights.

12 Likes

Batman sketch I did referenced from Jason Faboks’ work.

14 Likes

page 3

7 Likes

Whoa It’s Batman!!!

2 Likes

page 4

7 Likes

i worked harder on the heat squiggles than on anything else, and it didn’t even pay off!

bonus ghost of owlman. i started drawing him then couldn’t remember what he looks like

8 Likes

Those came out really good! And while your stink lines definitely have finesse, I’m loving the line work on Cliff

3 Likes

thank you! he kinda looks hairy but that’s ok

2 Likes

Nah! Scratchy brass was my first thought :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Nice drawing pad! Thx @biff_pow , of all the artists I have compelled to post here, you are among my favorites…along with the other 29 or so of course.

4 Likes

thank you!

cc @JeepersItsTheJamags

4 Likes

@biff_pow I’m inventorying what’s left of my comic collection after selling half of it recently, and as I reviewed and counted the Ambush Bug part, I of course thought of you!

3 Likes

…well, and the wild person that plays “Ambush Bug” here. I better go summon him now… @ambushbug @Ambush-Bug @AmbushBug1990

4 Likes