📺 Sunday Watch-Along 📺: Watchmen, Sunday, Oct 27th @ 9:30AM PST/12:30PM EST!

Join us Sunday @9:30am PST/12:30pm EST for an investigate Watch-Along of Watchmen, where we ask the question: Who Watches The Watch-Along?

:rotating_light: WARNING: Watchmen is rated ‘R’ for graphic violence, sexuality, nudity, and language. :rotating_light:

In honor of the critically acclaimed release of the HBO series Watchmen, we’re going to be celebrating Community Week with a Watch-Along of Watchmen (2009), complemented with our own mysteries to solve in the form of a SCAVENGER HUNT! :male_detective:

Come for the movie, stay for the scavenger hunt fun! It’s time to put those :mag: detective skills :mag_right: to the test to find some hidden easter eggs, and try your hand at our trivia questions! The one with the most points might receive a nifty prize after! :wink:

SCAVENGER HUNT RULES:
Trivia Questions:
The FIRST person to answer each question correctly will get the point. We’ll be asking them throughout the movie, so keep those eyes peeled, and your minds sharp! :eyes: I’ll use the :rotating_light: Trivia Question Alert :rotating_light: when I post them.

Easter Eggs:
Participating’s as simple as giving a shoutout in the comments when you see one! I know where they are, so the first 5 people to respond at the right time will get a point each.

Here’s an example of one using the well-known Watchmen smiley at -2:36:10 (5:37 in):
smiley

SCAVENGER HUNT (Easter Eggs) Answer Key:
NOTE: These are based on the “time left” timestamps that the service automatically shows

• Batman poster: -2:35:56
  • Sally Jupiter replaces “Enola Gay” on the B-29 bomber: -2:35:14
  • Visual replication of Da Vinci’s The Last Supper painting: -2:34:32
  • First appearance of Walter Kovacs (not as Rorschach): -2:30:17 - along sidewalk, looking down
  • Gunga Diner Balloon: -2:29:24
  • Mention of the “Pale Horse” on Newspaper that flies by (Bible symbolism): -2:29:18 - requires pausing
  • Focuses on the fact that The Comedian has a picture of Laurie in this closet: -2:27:07
  • Mention of the Chicago Seven’s acquittal/“The New Watchmen”: -2:27:02
  • "Big Giant” pork & beans a play on Green Giant veggies: -2:23:17
  • Mention of “Supermen” (on magazine cover): -2:19:33
    “Doomsday Clock at 5 to Midnight” newspaper article: -2:18:15
  • “Veidt Victory” tennis shoes (seen behind Dan): -2:17:58
  • Second appearance of Walter Kovacs (not as Rorschach): -2:11:41 - walking by restaurant
  • Four-legged chicken (listen out for “I’m glad I ordered the four legged chicken”): -2:11:00
  • Two dollar bill used: -2:05:48
  • Miss Jupiter’s on The Comedian’s lighter: -1:58:29
  • Vietnam named as America’s 51st state: -1:55:59 OR -1:55:43
  • Blue Angels statue (to the left of Rorschach): -42:34
  • Veidt Research Team Suit Logos (a play on the square and compass) -41:08
  • Millennium poster - Veidt cosmetic transitions from Nostalgia to that brand (top of building): -7:53

=========================

:white_check_mark: THE DEETS :white_check_mark:

For those who have joined a Watch-Along before, you know the drill.
For those who haven’t joined a Watch-Along before, read on to learn more!

Who: You, silly!

What: Watchmen (2009) - The link to the movie can be found here!

Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments below! Maybe on your phone! But also, you’ll be watching Watchmen on another screen to make it easier. So there, too.

When: 2019-10-27T16:30:00Z

Why: Because the community that geeks out together, stays together.

How: Great question - read below!

=========================

:point_down: RULES OF THE ROAD :point_down:

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a subscription to DC Universe to access Watchmen unless you own the movie yourself.

2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone for comments, and your big screen for viewing.

3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the stroke of the hour.

4. A WRINKLE IN TIME – If you get lost in the time, you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute- For example, if it’s 09:45 am PST, then we are 15 minutes into the movie.

Come join us to answer the question everyone’s asking: Who Watches the Watch-Along? :eyes:

6 Likes

I do! Hope I can fit it in my schedule on Sunday :smiley:

3 Likes

Who hoo! We’re looking forward to seeing you, @YoYoFroYo! :slight_smile:
I couldn’t think of a better group of people to spend the day geeking out with! :hugs:

3 Likes

This sounds cool, I’ve never tried a watch-along before. My only issue is that the trench coat I ordered for my Rorschach costume won’t get here before then.

4 Likes

So cool I’m definitely going to join!

4 Likes

Yeah ill be there im definitely in the snyder camp and HBO’s new series got me hypeeeee

3 Likes

Now that’s a costume worth checking out, @khristian012! I hope it arrives soon, and can’t wait to have you join us tomorrow! Sending a warm welcome to you, as well, @nlmarti (it’s wonderful to see you back!), and @draculasdrip (hope you don’t mind my joining in on the hype :star_struck:)! We’re honored to have you all join us for Community Week fun! :slight_smile:

Hope everyone’s brushing up on their Watchmen trivia. :wink:

2 Likes

Here’s a preview, and super psyched!

4 Likes

I haven’t seen this movie in soooo long. Luckily I’m on vacation this week, so I will be here as long as I wake up in time, hahaha.

3 Likes

Hahaha same here. Vacation was perfectly timed with the Community reboot lol!

3 Likes

I’m definitely down for this! I dig the film version though I’ve not seen the series yet. Haven’t read or watched Watchmen in a few years so this will be fun! Thank you for setting this up @MissInkBlot1!

2 Likes

That mask is pure badassery!

2 Likes

Woo!

1 Like

Good morning/afternoon, all! Hope you’re ready to be one of the ones watching the watch-along for Watchmen. :wink: Here’s your reminder that we have 30 minutes left before we start!

Oh, and about that scavenger hunt? The rules are above, but I’ll share them here, too:

Easter Eggs:
Participating’s as simple as giving a shoutout in the comments when you see one! I know where they are, so the first 5 people to respond at the right time will get a point each.

Trivia Questions:
The FIRST person to answer each question correctly will get the point. We’ll be asking them throughout the movie, so keep those eyes peeled, and your minds sharp! :eyes: I’ll use the :rotating_light: Trivia Question Alert :rotating_light: when I post them.

I’ll post the easter egg list in 15 mins so you’ll have time to review and save it!

2 Likes

Nice! I love it already, so I can only imagine how cool the rest of it’s gonna end up looking! :slight_smile:

We’re excited to have you, @iJest and @Valade! So glad your vacations overlapped - perfect timing! And you’re welcome, though the pleasure’s all mine :slight_smile:

Couldn’t agree with you more, either, @TomJones. Being able to watch it for the WAL with all of you brings me back to watching it in the theater. So much more fun to be had that way!

It’s wonderful to see you, @Aneras713! :smiley:

3 Likes

Good morning/afternoon! It’s a gloomy/rainy day today in upstate NY. I think I’ll do some cleaning after the movie.

3 Likes