Sun Devils - '84

About to embark on an interstellar adventure with Sun Devils, a space opera title from the earlier eighties, written by Gerry Conway and pencils provided by Dan Jurgens. At this time, Conway seemed to be writing titles that would be optioned for film.

3 Likes

Nice. I saw they got another issue in the other day. I’d never heard of it b4. I just caught Jurgens out of the corner of my eye yesterday. I was gonna look up what it’s deal was, based on your description it sounds right up a sci-fi Kirby lover’s alley. I’ll definitely give it a look.

2 Likes

Yep. Descriptionwise, it’s got all the delicious trappings of outtathisworld planetary and character names.

2 Likes

Perfect. Sounds like New Gods & Weird Worlds/My Greatest Adventure. I loved those W. Worlds & G. Adventure that is, b/c it was crazy space people with crazy names, oh & Lobo, Robotman & Jerry Ordway co-created with a team of other artists. New Gods speaks for itself. Also wanna try out Darkstars & Omega Men. Read bits from both in crossovers, need to do the whole series.

2 Likes