Suicide Squad: Get Joker! #1 (8/3/21) Spoilers Ahead

@arkhamassassin That’s a valid point. As you said, referencing real life events isn’t necessarily a bad thing (or new) in comics, tho. It happens pretty frequently, so perhaps this is a “too soon” situation that made it feel heavy-handed. :purple_heart:

I did find the whole Russian thing rather tongue-in-cheek, and that’s how my brain took it: tiny jabs at things we, as a society, really shouldn’t ignore. No different than referencing other historical events, and hopefully learning from them so we :woman_shrugging:t2: don’t make the same mistakes.

Waller not cursing: that’s a good point—although :thinking: she’s still being manipulative and generally Waller-like, so maybe the thought was she doesn’t need the cursing?? (Or maybe they DID forgot to switch it back. Lol!) I’m a bit more intrigued as to why it wasn’t a touch more violent for a Black Label w/ Azzarello and Redhood w/ the Squad, but…it’s early, lol.

@TheTerrificToyman Hey Toy Man! :raised_hands: I’m doin’ all right—can’t complain. How are you? Been a min. Here’s a thread for Book 2, if you’ll be checking it out, btw:

I’m not sure it warrants Joker’s involvement beyond motivating Jason just yet, but I’m definitely liking Jason w/ the Suicide Squad.

5 Likes