Glad Gunn is running this franchise

2 Likes

Steve Agee is in it?

goes to the theater and asks if tix are on sale now

2 Likes

No Will Smith, gimme ticket!!!

1 Like

Quite excited!

Margot Robbie, Viola Davis, Jai Courtney and Joel Kinnaman all returning!

Nathan Fillon, Michael Rooker, John Cena, Taika Waititi, Peter Calpadi and Alice Braga are great additions!

2 Likes

Margot Robbie has plot armor so she’ll make it out alive, but who knows about anyone else. At least Peter Capaldi can regenerate into Jodie Whittaker if anything happens to him. :wink:

1 Like

I had hoped Katana would be in it. Oh well I go see anyway.

The thing I’m most excited about? The font choice. It demonstrates a commitment to the feel of the original Ostrander/Yale series, which was the best Suicide Squad has ever been.

4 Likes

Idris Elba will survive, he’s one of those actors you don’t want to kill off.

2 Likes

@HCQ, I was thinking the same thing.

1 Like

My internal monologue:

Should I post this?

No, I should not.

Come on, you HAVE to.

Do I…?

You know you want to…

Aw, fine…

AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA!!! DUH-D-D-DUH!

4 Likes

Vroom is excited because Outside Dave is in the movie, which is an entirely Vroom thing

2 Likes

Woo! Outside Dave!

Googles “Outside Dave”

Yeah, that! That lucky duck, he was in something with the perfect live action Zatanna (Zooey Deschannel). Good for him.

2 Likes

@Behemoth.Ravenlord I hope Idris lives, but he has been killed off in other popular franchises so anything is possible.

3 Likes

I think he has become a bigger actor since Marvel killed him off. Plus, he clearly wants to be in a DC movie. I mean, he literally calls himself “Black Superman.”

2 Likes

Idris Elba already has been in a DC movie, via 2010’s The Losers.

The Suicide Squad would however mark his debut in a DC movie that takes place in a world with super heroes and the like.

1 Like

The Losers have a movie?!

1 Like

@BR They do, and it’s based on the Vertigo iteration of The Losers, written by Andy Diggle and drawn by Jock.

In addition to Idris Elba, Chris Evans, Zoe Saldana and Jeffrey Dean Morgan (among others) are in the movie too. It was JDM’s second DC movie after Watchmen (with his third being BvS).

The Losers is one of the best DC movies and one of the best, if not the best, Vertigo movies too. It’s bright, colorful, fun and funny. A real underrated gem that perfectly captures the tone of its source material.

1 Like