Suicide Squad: Blaze | Book Discussion | Spoilers Ahead

:00_suicide_squad: The attacks begin without warning. Brutal, sudden…cannibalistic. A metahuman with all the power of Superman but none of his humanity—ruled only by hunger and instinct. To stop this threat, Harley, Peacemaker, Boomerang & King have been assigned to corral, nursemaid, and if necessary execute five deadly new recruits, the expendable products of a secret government procedure called :boom: BLAZE: ordinary prisoners, endowed with incredible power with 6 months to live, maximum. If you’re staring down life in prison, maybe that’s a good deal—But that power? It’s surprisingly transferrable. As each member of the Squad dies…the others get stronger. What would a hardened criminal do with that knowledge? One thing’s certain: this time the Suicide Squad’s bitten off more than it can chew.

:00_suicide_squad: In our DCUI Library: Suicide Squad: Blaze 1

:open_book: If you’ve read it (or plan to) and wish to discuss, drop your thoughts below when you’re ready! :boom:

You can join or learn more about :harleys_crew: Harley’s Crew HERE or :that_black_label_life: ThatBlackLabelLife HERE.

6 Likes

Some variants from this series…

4 Likes

I’ve only read the first issue, but I’m looking forward to seeing where it goes. I already like it better than Get Joker.

Are they still doing the 6 month releases? Hopefully it’s not inexplicably missing like some other Black Label.

3 Likes

I thought Get Joker was pretty good overall, and it’s too early for me to speculate how this one will go, but I enjoyed the second book more. The story picks up after all the set up in book one, and we get more of the Squad. I wasn’t expecting it to focus on new characters, but it’s growing on me! :smile:

As for releases: it depends. Some are arriving on schedule, others show up and then leave, and some have still yet to arrive. I know it’s partially for sales and possibly due to some regular delays on a lot of titles. :purple_heart: Thanks for coming by! Don’t be a stranger!

5 Likes

Thanks for posting the topic!

Get Joker wasn’t awful, you’re right. I only wish they had gone for it in the end and gave it some finality.

It looks like Book Two will show up on time. I’ll be back.

3 Likes