Suicide Squad 2016 and 2021

This may not make sense, but this movie — which I really like — is one that people are obsessed with hating. Like, people just randomly bring it up in otherwise unrelated discussions just to bash it.
Like, I get that it’s far from perfect, but is it really terrible enough to warrant such devoted hatred? Am I the only one who feels like all the people doing this bashing haven’t actually seen the movie and are just parroting their favorite critics?

1 Like

You’re completely right.

@SuperBatDanLantern I completely agree. I think one of the big trends of 2016 was to hate on any DC movie that came out. We saw this with Dawn of Justice and with Suicide Squad. When you combine the stories of studio interference with critics having an axe to grind, there was a section of the public looking for any morsel to start the feeding frenzy. Even though both movies made a lot of money and have quite a number of fans, it gets downplayed and they call both flops.

And yet here we are getting a sequel to Suicide Squad. So, how bad could it have really been to people?

1 Like