Suicide Squad 2 recast or not ?

I’m hearing James Gunn is planning on recasting the whole team for SS2 and I’m looking forward to that I feel that’s the best thing to do. I would probably only bring back Amanda Waller, Harley Quinn and maybe Deadshot then bring in maybe Killer Frost, Bane, Cheetah, sportsmaster, Poison Ivy and people like that. Try a whole new team and have them go against Amazo or someone like that.

What y’all think ?

2 Likes

I would honestly love a reworked Captain Boomerang and Killer Croc. I love those characters, but they (especially Croc) we’re butchered in SS.

2 Likes

Yeah probs i think i want black manta who is at first stubborn about having to risk his life for someone other than aquaman but then decides to do it. I also want king shark.

2 Likes

I would say bring in the Squad members from Assault on Arkham and/or Hell to Pay Have Batista be King Shark, Bill Skarsgard can be Copperhead, Mike Colter can be Bronze Tiger

2 Likes

Killer croc is not a popular character, so he doesn’t get much time on the screen. And that’s what I hate. Most people forget about the smaller villains (like 85% of them) and use people like joker in all their movies (though some are fine, most are just overdone)

2 Likes

Will Smith is out as Deadshot but I just read that Viola Davis will return as Waller. So it sounds like he’s keeping what he thinks worked and cutting what didn’t.

Since Gunn is writing and directing, chances are some of his frequent collaborators like Nathan Fillion, Sean Gunn, or Michael Rooker will appear in some way depending on their schedules. I can see these appearances being anything from a gag cameo of Suicide Squad rejects to being cast as main characters (Nathan Fillion as Sportsmaster could have potential). I also wouldn’t be surprised to see Bautista in the movie. Hopefully he’ll be cast as either Bane or the voice of King Shark.

2 Likes

Who should Michael Rooker be cast as? Bautista would make an excellent Bane but I really want him to play King Shark.

1 Like

Michael Rooker as Count Vertigo? Shade? Major Force?

3 Likes

I’d love to see them Introduce The Bronze Tiger. And Wesley Snipes would be awesome in the role.

1 Like

Do not recast. There’s such a wide variety in villains to choose from. We don’t need to see Deadshot again if he’s gone. Pick like Parasite or something. Or Captain Cold if you need a conflicted villain

3 Likes

With the news that Elba is in talks for Deashot hopefully other casting will come soon. The rumors are Harley will be back and there are conflicting reports on whether Rick Flagg is in it or not. The rest should be new characters

2 Likes

Elba hands down one of my favorite actors working today from Prime Suspect to the Wire to Luther he’s great at giving his characters depth and conflicted motivations that would work great with Deadshot. He also has a light comic touch as seen in the Office.

1 Like

How about adding Cheshire?

2 Likes

Yeah recast new characters new story. It’s not suicide squad 2 it’s a different suicide squad movie altogether. Last I heard anyway, as I am not privy to movie suits discussions

1 Like

I’d like Dave Batista for King Shark! The guys already a monster

2 Likes

@RobertDeBeero Apparently, Dave Bautista is up for the role of Peacemaker

1 Like

https://www.google.com/amp/collider.com/suicide-squad-2-new-characters/amp/

2 Likes

Don’t recast anyone. literally 100 other characters can replace them. Cast different characters.

4 Likes

Peacemaker is a character perfect for someone like Gunn to write. Also excited for Polka-Dot Man and Ratcatcher!

2 Likes