Suggestions for Print Collectibles

Hey folks. Would like to add an item or two to my library. As I had mentioned before, I purchase my comics digitally. Only print copies I have are the Deluxe Action Comics 1000 and 80 years of Superman. I also have one of them “DC Encyclopedias” I purchased from Costco a while back. Any items you love that you recommend I add? Interested mostly in Superman and Justice League omnibuses or compendiums, or maybe encyclopedias, coffee table books and the like. Would love to hear your suggestions.

4 Likes

I used to go cookoo for Cocoa Puffs over DK Publishing’s DC reference books, especially their Superman flavored titles.

The last Superman centric volume of their’s came out in 2013 I believe.

A brand new edition of their DC Comics: The Ultimate Character Guide just came out this year too. It’s $7.39 on Amazon right now. Cheap!

They have a new volume of DC Comics: A Year by Year Chronicle coming out in November or thereabouts. Their last volume from 2014 was fantastic, so this one should be even better.

3 Likes

Vroom…been a while man…nice to hear from you! Thanks for the suggestions; exactly what I’m looking for. Will check these out for sure.

3 Likes

No prob Bob =)

3 Likes

Anatomy of a Metahuman is a really good coffee table book. One you should really check out.

3 Likes

@JuliantheGuru, thanks for the suggestion. Just checked it out on Amazon. Definitely a cool concept. Looks like interesting takes on how DC heroes’ bodies work, with lots of original art to boot!

1 Like

If you dig Jim Lee, DC Comics: The Art of Jim Lee is due on December 3rd. Here’s a link:

https://www.amazon.com/DC-Comics-Art-Jim-Vol/dp/1401285937

3 Likes

Superman 75 is a neat collectible. It has a couple of neat goodies in the bag that I won’t spoil if you don’t know.

1 Like

@Vroom, live Jim Lee and that book is definitely on my radar.
@biff_powH, anything in 75 that’s not already in 80?

1 Like

Oh, I don’t know. Sorry!

The fairly recently released Superman: Exile Omnibus. Jack Kirby’s Fourth World Omnibus’.

3 Likes

@DCComicsCrises Thanks for the suggestions. Maybe combining “Exile” with “Death & Return” would make for a rather compelling run to have in print. Didn’t know omnibuses were that expensive though…80 bucks a pop…yeesh! Placed on wishlist for future reference.

1 Like

If you can find it the Orion omnibus by Simonson is a must have for any New Gods or Kirby fan.

2 Likes