Suggestion for Green Lantern Arcs?

Getting really into Green Lantern, anybody have some good suggestions for arcs?

4 Likes

For a different take on
Hal Jordan
Try.
DC The New Frontier
Or
Video
Justice Legue New Frontier

Some people skip issue 1
Set in 1950s and 1960s
Hal in Korean.War
Potential Astronaut
Origin of Green Lantern

Note
He is a featured player
Not the sole star
But good take on.Carol Ferris
Much better than Silver Age Carol

5 Likes

Check out 2016’s GREEN LANTERNS series! Great take on Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz.

7 Likes

Green Lanterns Rebirth 2016 is a great title

5 Likes

Reborn and the Green Lantern Corps by Geoff Johns. The “hard traveling heroes” storyline with Green Arrow from the 70’s

6 Likes

Ron Marz and Darryl Banks’ run in the 90s is my favorite. Started with 1994’s Green Lantern 50. The Emerald Knights story was the height of the run.

9 Likes

As @TurokSonOfStone1950 mentioned, DC: The New Frontier is basically the best Green Lantern story. Admittedly, I’m not really into the whole GL mythology like a lot of people are, but others I’d recommend are the first six issues of the recent Grant Morrison The Green Lantern series and a lot of the Ron Marz run (obviously, it has its problems; it did spawn the term “Woman in Refrigerator,” after all). I’ve read the Geoff Johns GL run, and while I won’t say it’s the worst thing ever, I really didn’t enjoy it.

3 Likes

I am really digging Grant Morrison’s current run on GL. But it is weird and I know a lot of people don’t get it.
Geoff Johns run is good, look into Rebirth, Sinestro Corp War and Blackest Night
My GL is Kyle Rayner, so the Marz/Banks run is great to me, from Emerald Twilight, on.

3 Likes

Surprised no one’s mentioned Ion yet. That’s easily one of my favs. It’s a Kyle Rayner arc which is entirely on here.

3 Likes

Venditti’s Hal and Pals run is really good in my opinion. Especially the issues drawn by Rafa Sandoval are beautiful!!
Im also reading the Geoff Johns run right now and its really good.

4 Likes

One of the first monthlies I ever bought on a consistent basis and then as part of pull list was the Marz/Banks GL run.

And like everyone else I will also say the Geoff Johns Rebirth mini-series and then ongoing series that returned Hal to us.

4 Likes

Len Wein’s run on Green Lantern (1960-1986) is alot of ridiculously underrated fun, and always worth a read. It consists of #'s 172-183 and 185, while also featuring the talents of Watchmen co-creator Dave Gibbons.

If you’re seeking a tale of the Green Lantern Corps, check out the story “The Weaponer” in Green Lantern Corps (2006-2011) #'s 53-57. It’s packed with GL adventure, Qwardian Weaponers and everyone’s favorite, nuclear-fused superhero, Firestorm!

Shine on! :gl_hv_2:

2 Likes

Forgot about the Len Wein stuff! That’s really really good.

1 Like

I would say a great green lantern story is Emerald Twilight. It’s a great origin story for Hal Jordan and then I would say Emerald Twilight.

1 Like

Start with the original GL Rebirth and then proceed forward.

1 Like

Loved Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps Rebirth series by Venditti and various artists! Gives each of Four Corpsmen time in the spotlight to show how they’re cool in different ways!

2 Likes

Anything by Geoff Johns

1 Like

I like the 80’s pre-crisis stuff by Wolfman, Englehart, and Joe Staton. Introduced so many classic Corp. characters.

I liked Earth One, but it’s not on here for some reason

Another vote for the Kyle Rayner era. The Marz run is great, but the later Judd Winick run is great too.

1 Like