Stranded But Not Alone… Part 3 🌲

Scenario:

You’re taking a scenic hike through a forest you know and love. It’s beautiful and expansive - there are trees as far as the eye can see. Thankfully there are markers on the trail so you know exactly where you’re going.

But there’s something odd outside of the trail that catches your eye - it’s a huge tree that has some kind of purple glow to part of the trunk. Cautiously, you move away from the trail to check it out. It appears that this is no dye… some of the bark is glowing? You’ve never seen something like this in your life! As you touch it, a bright light blinds you.

Two beings approach… one is Mr Mxyzptlk and the other is Vandal Savage. They each offer you a special gift, but you can only accept one.

Mr Mxyzptlk offers you 10 different lives that will each span 100 years. You will be able to remember every life, however you cannot choose where you end up next. It could be 1,000 years in the past or 5,000 years in the future. You are immortal and can’t be injured through the 100 years and then pass promptly at the age of 100. If you choose this option, keep in mind you have to be a child/adolescent throughout the first portion of it and no one will take you seriously (AKA you age normally).

Vandal Savage offers you 1 life that spans 1,000 years. You are immortal throughout this life as well and can’t be injured. If you choose this option, your appearance in age will be around mid to late 20s to early 30s for the duration of the 1,000 years. If you accept this gift and are old in age, you will revert to a younger age and be granted 1,000 years - if you are young in age, you will age normally until late 20s to early 30s and also be granted 1,000 years from that moment.

You cannot refuse both of them… you must choose one of these options. Which do you choose, why, and what will you do with the gift you have been given?

6 Likes

@Row.Harper @Spider-Man78 Got another one for ya! :grin:

5 Likes

Yes, another one!

Okay, so a ton of pros and cons for both sides here.

With Mxy’s offer, you get some random time travel, separate lives and immortality. But, childhood and elderlyness, and no control over where you end up. Plus, it’s Myx so you probably can’t trust the offer.

With Savage, a straight shot of 1,000 years and eternal youth. But it’s 1,000 years from now. And Savage also isn’t very trustworthy either… :thinking:

Oddly enough, I’d take Mxy’s offer. The cons of dying every 100 years does even out with the random time travel actually.

I would know of past events and could help people in those areas before historic events took place. In the future, when I wouldn’t know those things, I could study history and still help people there.

Basically, I’d use my lives to help as many people as I could. (Screw the timeline.) And, I’d remember everything from my previous lives so that would be a great help, no matter what time period I was in. I’d see multiple time periods and be able to help a lot of people. Win, win, win, for me. :laughing:

I’m sure there would be some catch from Mxy and I am surprising myself by saying I’ll take a deal from a 5th dimension Imp, but I do think it is the better deal.

4 Likes

I do not trust either of them and refuse them both anyway. No rule controls me except for the one rule I refuse to break.

3 Likes

I’ll go with Mr Mxyzptlk’s offer because I don’t know if I’ll want to live 1,000 years all at once.

However, Vandal Savage’s offer is the best if you are both a man and a player like James Bond. You won’t appear above 30 so you could date all the young women you want and once they start getting too old for your tastes you can dump them and find another sweetheart.

4 Likes

Both of these very tempting. With savage you get the one go around but loose many you care about on the way. With Mxy you still get many of those pro of immortality but you don’t have to watch your loved ones pass as you don’t. And time travel.

So I’d go with Mxy’s offer.

4 Likes

Vandal Savage’s offer sounds like the way Wonder Woman has to live. It’s not really a good reason to choose it, but that’s why I’m choosing it. :wonderwoman:

I also have to say I don’t really love the idea of dying again and again, and having to grow up repeatedly. Once seems like enough for both… :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

@Row.Harper I’m glad you took the time to think about it. It’s not an easy thing to answer, and my own answer changes every now and then! 10 separate lives it is, and 10 separate childhoods :sob:. Not sure I could do that tbh haha. And ooohh I’m sure trusting that good old imp won’t do you any harm at all :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@MatthewHecht LOL.

Your reasoning for this, @Ed.Benes.Fan, has me on the floor laughing. Loool how cruel :sob:

@NYJt3 Watching your loved ones pass as you don’t would indeed be difficult, but does it matter if you technically die after your loved ones do anyways? Remember you’ll be reaching 100 years of age in that scenario every time, so there’s a good chance your partner already passed way before you did. :open_mouth: Time travel sounds neat, though.

@Angel212 Admirable choice, following in WW’s footsteps. I also think dying once sounds good with me lol. Though I imagine the wisdom one would gain from dying so many times would truly be a great tradeoff :thinking:

6 Likes

Hey @LastSon0fMars I’m so sorry forgetting about this. Anyway I pick Mr. Mxyzptlk’s gift. It’d be cool to live like a Quantum Leap kind of life.

The first 5 years being trap as a baby to a toddler got to be boring, but after that it gets better, or does it?!:fearful:
What if I died before the 10 year at any ages are up? Will there be a second or more chances? Talk about living in a Twilight Zone!:clock1230::clock1::clock130::clock2::clock230::clock3::clock330::clock4:

4 Likes

No worries, @S.T.R.I.P.E.78!

Haha looks like that’s a popular choice. Imagine being trapped as a genius toddler, though… :thinking: it might be unbearable at times lol.

Technically, you’d be immortal from 0-100 in each life, so no worries there! No second chances :smiling_imp: but also because you get 10 chances at life with that option haha. You could always go for one 1,000 year life! You can restart your life every 5 years if you want, by just moving and creating a new persona for yourself haha. Sounds like fun, eh?

4 Likes