šŸ’™Stories For HopešŸ’™ Your Favorite Pick-Me-Up Comics

For comics I recommend The Sixth Dimension story arc from Scott Snyderā€™s Justice League run, with eye-popping, mind-blowing artwork by Jorge Jimenez.

Yes, itā€™s a fun thrill ride spanning the DC cosmology, across alternate dimensions and galaxies, but itā€™s also a Superman story and a very human one at that. Itā€™s a real dive into how Supermanā€™s values are tested during a time of great duress and uncertainty, for both the League and the world at large.

Itā€™s all wonderfully executed by the team, with Snyder smartly channeling Jorgeā€™s energy into a very poignant message about being the brightest light in the darkest of times and trusting that your friends and loved ones will also carry this light forward.

And it all culminates in this beautiful splash page from Jorge and colorist Alejandro Sanchez, with Superman in full-on Shonen hero glory:

Thereā€™s only one issue available on the service right now, but the whole thing is collected in trade!

12 Likes

I know itā€™s not on DC Universe, 1966 Batman the movie can be hopeful, along with the TV series, you canā€™t go wrong with Adam West show.
But the DC Library DO have the 1966 Batman comics to read, itā€™s such a great series to read to past the time.:slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Not sure if it hasnt been added, but SUPERMAN SMASHES THE KLAN is THE book of the year and its only march

12 Likes

I will always recommend reading ALL STAR SUPERMAN, one of the most hopeful comic and story I have ever read.

8 Likes

This is a good one for sure.

Or literally ANY Wonder Woman by Greg Rucka. :heart:
New, Non-DC comfort: The Good Place.

14 Likes

When Iā€™m feeling down nothing makes me feel better than being with family. This is one of the reasons why I love Blue Beetle. The Reyes family is amazing at simply ā€œbeing thereā€ for Jaime in his time of need.

Blue Beetle (2006) #7
https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/book/blue-beetle-2006-7/b6dce4d7-f3bd-4224-b985-2db2fe441f5c

Blue Beetle (2006) #17
https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/book/blue-beetle-2006-17/c0a5f7a7-ce17-41e0-8ae5-2936b5d30539

Blue Beetle (2011) #12
https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/book/blue-beetle-2011-12/267e87b5-6f2f-4f36-a05a-1caa55b26e64/reader

8 Likes

Thank you for this! :scarecrowlaughhqtas:

7 Likes

Now that I looked at my comic collection, I have a few more to add

Swamp Thing #34-The Rite of Spring
Daredevil Yellow
Spider-man Life Story
Hawkeye by Matt Fraction

7 Likes

Superman smashes the Klan, fo sho! I just read pt 1, am really looking forward to 2&3. Also, I adore the whole starman series by Robinson, from the 90s,(really looking forward to the CW stargirl,btw) counterintuitively, the Hitman series from the same period, especially toward the end of the run, with messages about(in my opinion) friendship and loyalty among people from all sorts of diff backgrounds who come to see each other as family. Also the whole Astro city series, which I consider part of the DC multiverse, and Camelot 3000, which should beā€¦

7 Likes

I love this threat, just what I needed.

I feel like I should be able to name more but the story I always look to when I want to feel good is the Batman classic ā€œTo Kill A Legendā€ in Detective Comics #500

I also really like The Flash Annual #4. Great stand alone story.

Also a good one for any fan of Krypto (or dog lover in general) is ā€œThe Coming of Atlasā€ from Superman (first series) 677-670

Justice Society of America (2007) #8. (Although the storyline in the first 7 issues also has an uplifting ending. The Justice Society in general has told a lot of feel good stories in the modern age)

Also if you just want a good laugh I recommend both Justice League America #37. (1987 series)

And as always for a good laugh I for the 20th time in this forum (but can never speak highly of it enough) I recommend DC Comics Presents #81

11 Likes

Plastic man by kyle baker. The early 2000s series.

7 Likes

Maybe watch Teen Titans Go with your kiddos in order to take the edge off of the scary weā€™re all feeling during this uncertain time.

11 Likes

I found the detective rebirth pretty hopefully or at least with some pretty nice moments. I do agree Harley and Doom Patrol are hopeful as weā€™ll at least a nice distraction.
Batman v TMNT was pretty good too. The movie and comics were just some crossover fun.

8 Likes

Phew! That was a lot of hope to update with! Please let me know if this list is become untenable, and I will do those little ā€œhide detailsā€ arrow things :slight_smile: Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, and please keep them coming if youā€™re inspired!

11 Likes

Hey! Who said you could stop linking? :stuck_out_tongue:

Thereā€™s also the 1966 Batman series on Roku.

7 Likes

Some people might find it a little bit on-the-nose (coping with fear and social distancing), but The Brave and the Bold #197 is very hopeful and almost always worth recommending. The last couple dozen issues of the series have a lot of gems, but most are unfortunately not yet available.

7 Likes

DCU Legacies. I wouldnā€™t have even known it existed if not for this streaming service, and itā€™s a great read. An absolute love letter to DC Comics. One of my favorite comics from right before the New 52 era.

8 Likes

Camelot 3000 is so underrated. @DeSade-acolyte is the only other person on here whoā€™s referenced it deserving more credit. I absolutely love it!!!

8 Likes

Oooh, so if I stop linking you all will provide the links? Very interesting developmentā€¦ :smiling_imp: Thanks, AKnox!

9 Likes