šŸ’™Stories For HopešŸ’™ Your Favorite Pick-Me-Up Comics

Find your recommendations for :blue_heart: Stories For Hope :blue_heart: in our new collection!

In times like these, we can find comfort in the stories that represent the same as that big red ā€˜Sā€™, or that certain blue light. What story does that for you? Makes you feel like everything will, eventually, be okay?

If youā€™re looking to build up your supply of hope, look no further than the stories below. If youā€™d like to include your own, amazing! Iā€™ll be updating this topic occasionally. Any links you can provide are super helpful, too!

Share with your fellow citizens of the community your stories of Hope in the comments below:blue_heart:

:star2: EDIT: In addition to these stories, you can also keep sharp by joining all the activities, book clubs, trivia challenges, and discussions every day this week in our Community Events Calendar. Head on over and click to your heartā€™s content! :star2:

COMIC BOOKS: ISSUES

The Brave and the Bold (1955) #197
Batman: Gotham Adventures (1998) #52
Detective Comics (1981) #500
Birds of Prey (1999) #8
Blue Beetle (2006) #7, #17, & #12
DC Comics Presents #81
Earth 2: Society (2015) #22
The Flash Annual (1987) #4
Justice League: Regroup (2016) #14
Justice League (2018) #19
Justice League of America (1987) #37
Justice Society of America (2007) #8
Saga of Swamp Thing #34
Supergirl (1996) #75-#80
Superman For Tomorrow (1986) #204-#216
Adventures of Superman (1986)
Superman Adventures (1996) #13
Superman (2008) ā€œThe Coming of Atlasā€ #677 - #680
Superman/Batman (2010) #8
Superman (2011) #39
The New Teen Titans (1980) #18 ā€œA Pretty Girl is Like a Maladiā€
Wonder Woman: The Odyssey (2006) #600- #614
Wonder Woman (2016) #51

COMIC BOOKS: SERIES

All-star Squadron (1981)
Amethyst: Princess of Gemworld (1983)
Amethyst: Princess of Gemworld (1985)
The Authority (1999)
Batgirl (2009)
Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman: Trinity (2003)
Batman: Lā€™il Gotham (2012)
Batman '66 (2013)
Booster Gold (1986)
Blackest Night (2009)
Camelot 3000 (1982)
DC Comics: Bombshells (2015)
DC Nation Shorts: Super Best Friends Forever (2012)
DC: The New Frontier (2004)
DC Universe vs Masters of the Universe (2013)
DC Universe: Legacies (2010)
The Flash (1959 - COIE)
The Flash (1987)
Gotham Academy (2014)
Green Lantern (2005)
Green Lantern (2016)
Infinity Inc. (1984)
Justice League: Generation Lost (2010)
Justice League International (2011)
Nightwing (1996)
Nightwing (2016)
Planetary (1999)
Plastic Man (1943)
Plastic Man (1988)
Plastic Man (1999)
Plastic Man (2003)
Plastic Man (2018)
Power Girl (2009)
Shazam! (2018)
Superman Wedding Album (1996)
Superman: For All Seasons (1998)
Superman/Shazam! First Thunder (2005)
Superman: Birthright (2003)
All-Star Superman (2010)
Superman Family Adventures (2012)
Superman (2016)
New Super-Man (2016)
Man and Superman 100-Page Spectacular (2019)
Stars & S.T.R.I.P.E. (1999)
Starman (1994)
Starfire (2015)
The New Titans (1984)
Tiny Titans (2008)
The Legend of Wonder Woman (2015)
Wonder Woman: Year One Storyline (2016)

TV & FILM:
Adventures of Superman Season 2 Ep 26: ā€œAround The Worldā€
Adventures of Superman Season 3 Ep 11: ā€œFlight to the Northā€
Batman: The Animated Series - Season 1 Ep 12 - ā€œItā€™s Never Too Lateā€
Batman: The Animated Series - Season 1 Ep 53 - ā€œPaging the Crime Doctorā€
The Brave and The Bold
The Brave and The Bold Season 1 Ep 25: ā€œMayem of the Music Meister!ā€
Doom Patrol Original Series
Green Lantern Animated Series: Episode 6 ā€œLost Planetā€
Green Lantern: First Flight (2009
Justice League Unlimited: Season 2, Episode 5 - ā€œFlash and Substanceā€
Justice League Unlimited: Season 2, Episode 7 - ā€œPatriot Actā€
Justice League Unlimited Season 2, Ep 13 - ā€œEclipsed Part Iā€
Justice League Unlimited: Season 2, Episode 23 - ā€œComfort and Joyā€
Stargirl (2020)
Superman: The Movie (1978)
Superman: The Animated Series Season 2 Episode 4: ā€œSpeed Demonsā€
Teen Titans Go! - Healthy Habits - DC Kids
Wonder Woman Television Series (1975
Young All-Stars (1987)
Young Justice: Season 1 Ep 20 - ā€œColdheartedā€

FIND AT YOUR FLCS:
Death: The High Cost of Living
Mister Miracle (2017)
Superman: Godfall (2004)
Zatanna (2017)
Superman Smashes the Klan (2020)
Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (2019)

MOVIES:
A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood

HULU:
I Love Lucy Season 6 Episode 13 (Colorized Clip)
Shazam (2019)

AMAZON PRIME:
Amazon.com: Watch LEGO DC Super Heroes: The Flash

ROKU:
Batman '66 Series

GAMES:
LEGO DC Super-Villains
LEGO Batman: The Videogame

CWā€™s The Flash - ā€œDuetā€
Aquaman (2018)

68 Likes

Iā€™d recommend the ā€œAdventures of Supermanā€ series, an originally digital anthology featuring a wide variety of writers taking the character on for short arcs ā€” and showing what the character means to them.

Jeph Loeb and Tim Saleā€™s ā€œSuperman for All Seasonsā€ is also particularly hopeful, and is all about picking yourself up after you fail. As is Marv Wolfmanā€™s recent Superman 100-Page Spectacular, ā€œMan and Supermanā€ ā€” some of his finest work, and a demonstration that heā€™s still got it after all these years.

27 Likes

A great Superman story is the cure for everything!

27 Likes

The long running Wally West Flash epic from the 80s to the 2000s is also quite an inspiring journey, taking us from this kid reeling from a world shattering loss to one of the greatest heroes on Earth.

21 Likes

Justice League: Generation Lost is an extremely underrated series about a ragtag group of misfit heroes who battle against impossible odds to save the world from a horrible fate theyā€™ll never know. Heroism at its finest.

14 Likes

Continuing the trend of Superman stories, All-Star Superman is a particularly thoughtful tale that literally ends with hope.
-M

22 Likes

Gene Luen Yangā€™s New Super-Man from 2016 is also a really inspiring journey, showing how thereā€™s always hope for us all to be heroes.

17 Likes

Blackest Night. Itā€™s kinda spooky. But in a good way.

16 Likes

2015ā€™s Legend of Wonder Woman series is a particularly inspiring and empowering take on the character.

15 Likes

If you just wanted a good laugh, ā€˜Flight to the Northā€™ from the The Adventures of Superman is such a happy classic show that has to do with a pie.
Batman: The Gotham Adventures has alot of great story like in #52 where Bane take care of homeless Kids.
In Superman Adventures #13 Superman play sport Olympic style with Aliens on a Baseball field.
If you have Hulu or I love Lucy dvd, Lucy and Superman is such a funny episodes.
Just wanted to add even in hard times God is with us and will be there for us even in hard time. My prayers are with all of you.:pray:

14 Likes

My go-to series for pure joy is Justice League International. It speaks to that 12 year old still living deep inside of me.

14 Likes

Lately I have been watching the new Harley Quinn series. I love the adult humor with childlike feel of the show. The episode where they go into Harleyā€™s brain is probably my favorite since Iā€™m a mental health counselor and there are some things that remind me of treatment strategies in that show (plus Iā€™m a huge nerd for psychology).

19 Likes

Thatā€™s interesting, @liz_supergirl, your perspective on the Harley brain episode! Thanks for sharing

It might just be me, but I find the whole Doom Patrol tv series hopeful. Their journeys of growth are cathartic, and found-family stories are always heart warming

11 Likes

Birds of Prey #8 Volume 1. Nothing more inspiring then Grayson taking Babs on a trapeze swing to show her, her handicap shouldnā€™t limit her life experiences.

17 Likes

I find watching the Christopher Reeve Superman to be the best comfort food.

18 Likes

If youā€™re willing to read something thatā€™s a bit of a long haul, I might recommend issues 1-70 of the 1996 Nightwing series. Itā€™s a bit of a weird choice for me to bring up here, because it starts out in a pretty bleak place. But Dick never gives up, and over the course of the series, he really brings out the good in his new home. Despite the runā€™s length, itā€™s a very tightly-connected story, and I think in large part itā€™s about finding hope in even the grimmest of situations.

I will note that Chuck Dixonā€™s run is sort of cut short before fully running its course and the following run by Devin Grayson isnā€™t great about maintaining those themes (it tries, but I think it stumbles on the ā€œfinding hope,ā€ leaving you with nothing but a grim situation), so be aware of that, but I think the original run is still a great binge read for as long as it lasts.

15 Likes

Thereā€™s three series that always give me joy, inspiration, and hope. Honestly two of the three are Superman, but hey the ā€œSā€ stands for hope. Without a further ado hereā€™s my list.

1. All Star Superman: This is the series that straight up changed my opinion on Superman. I used to think was boring overpowered Boy Scout, but after reading this series it made me realize that heā€™s someone we can all inspire to be. Iā€™ll try to give a short and sweet summary because I think this is a must read series and I donā€™t want to give away spoilers. In this story Superman gets solar poisoning, and is slowly dying. Before he dies he has to settle a couple of things, like admitting to Lois Lane heā€™s Superman. I know it sounds dark, but through the whole series we see Superman going out of his way to give hope to everyone around him, and all that hope cannot be contained in the pages of a comic book.

2. Superman(2016-2018): This series is just oozing with hope and joy. I donā€™t know where to begin with series, itā€™s all around perfect Superman. In this series we Superman trying to be his best to teach his son Jon valuable lesson on how to be a hero, and good man. What can be more hopeful than that. Oh I donā€™t know, maybe seeing Clark and his family inviting a homeless veteran to eat dinner with them at a dinner. In this same issue Superman helps a family find a the body of a long lost relative. This series shows why I love Superman, heā€™s a guy trying do the right thing.

3. Nightwing(2016-) issue #1-20: Now I havenā€™t read any of the new issues, but first twenty are amazing. Itā€™s all about Dick trying to find himself, and he starts helping former villains by taking over a support group. To me nothing is more hopeful then someone down on his luck, but still tryā€™s to help others. Also Nightwing and Defacer is really sweet.

11 Likes

Also, The New Titans (1984). Has a long running storyline involving Sarah Simms. Who works with handicap children & the Titans help out throughout the series. Sheā€™s Vicā€™s (Cyborgs) 1 time love interest & best friend.

8 Likes

For a series thatā€™s uplifting. Definitely the Bold & the Brave.

9 Likes

How about Batman The Brave and the bold, The Music Meister episode, itā€™s such a great and happy Musical. :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes