Stop Getting So Worked Up About Swamp Thing Cancellation

So I admit that it was a bad mood to cancel a show with so much potential. However I’m surprised people will cancel the service just because they cancelled a good show. Plus, people are getting to worked up in the community. I think everyone should accept this decision and move on and if we’re lucky it will be renewed.

9 Likes

I’d like to add that just because one show is cancelled doesn’t mean all shows will be cancelled. Titans is green lit for s2. Dome patrol should have a second season after the finale.

4 Likes

Wait!!!.. They canceled Swamp Thing? (Starts shaking and eyes turning green, falls to the ground) Noo! Noooo! AHHHHH ( Rises from the ground 3 times larger and muscular completely green) Why DC cancel Swamp Thing!!! Hulk go smash puny publishing company!!! AHHHHH ( Leaps into the air smashing through the ceiling)

3 Likes

I second the motion! Can we put it to a vote?

2 Likes

Hulk vote SMASH!!!

2 Likes

I actually subscribed to enjoy this series. I suppose once I watch them all I’ll unfortunately end it.

2 Likes

We still only have two episodes out so yeah everyone can chill. For all we know the writers of the show never planned for a season 2. Maybe they just wanted a solid well told story that’s basically a really long movie. Netflix does it all the time lately. Contrary to popular belief, not all shows make it out of the season 1 stage. That being said I don’t think a show has to have more than one season. If you enjoy it enough that one season can be rewatch without losing appeal. Yeah, I’d like to see a season two. But also I wonder where could they even go with the story past that point? I personally have too much to watch anyway these days lol

1 Like

Maybe swamp thing is just the final straw… limited content, everything dc should be on here even old Adam west… the swamp thing ordeal alone might scare people of the futer of this service… you are noone to tell others what to do or think …

2 Likes

hands RagdollRebel a prize

1 Like

@gawdspeed that’s not true thy cancelled it bc of creative differences not because they only wanted 1 season lmao. Some of them wanted to continue with the horror vibe and some didn’t

1 Like

"thy cancelled it bc of creative differences not because they only wanted 1 season lmao. Some of them wanted to continue with the horror vibe and some didn’t "

This is not correct.

5 Likes

@gawdspeed unfortunately, we learned that it had a three season plan, and a Justice League Dark Spin off…

1 Like

Doesn’t matter why. It was the show I was most excited about and it was cancelled before it got off the ground. Tells me not to invest time in DC Universe. Titans was weak, not horrible, and Doom Patrol was hit and miss, glorious when it hit I will say.
I’m out. At best they’ll fold this into the new WB app but I doubt it. I cancelled but I’m paid up till February. Maybe they’ll do something to change my mind in the months ahead but considering who’s in charge I doubt it.

1 Like

“unfortunately, we learned that it had a three season plan, and a Justice League Dark Spin off…”

No.

3 Likes

Thank you, @DigificWriter, for making people aware of these rumors. There is no truth behind these statements.

2 Likes

^ You’re welcome.

I really wish people would stop using this community to regurgitate BS because it detracts from legitimate discussion, but that’s honestly probably too much to ask.

3 Likes

“However I’m surprised people will cancel the service just because they cancelled a good show.”
Really? A lot of people only subscribed for Swamp Thing, myself included. Don’t get me wrong, I’m enjoying the comics and loving Doom Patrol too, But with Swamp Thing canceled, and Doom Patrols future being unsure at the moment, and almost no word from DC on the matter; what keeps me and people like me here?

“Plus, people are getting to worked up in the community”
I’m confused by this statement. Swamp Thing fans just lost a wonderful live action interpretation of a character, that I know I have been waiting 20 years for AND for reasons that we are not worthy of knowing, at the moment, if ever. Are we just to be milquetoast about it? Should we leave our opinions at another site, as to not bother people who don’t mind that ST was cancelled, you know, so we don’t upset their experience? Another thing is that fact that ST is different. It’s not the same old heroes we see countless time before, plus it has the horror aspect to it, which is very unique and hard to come by, so yes, people will absolutely get worked up over this.

“I think everyone should accept this decision and move on”
Well I think that is exactly what is happening and will continue to happen by people cancelling their subscriptions. People are unsubscribing, because they feel they are not being heard. Unfortunately, it can’t be had both ways. The idea that people should accept and move on, BUT shouldn’t unsubscribe is not the way the world works.

Believe me when I say, I REALLY want DC to do well. I’m a much bigger fan of the DC heroes than any other heroes, but they really need to figure out their game OR have their hands untied, if that is the problem, which I suspect it is.

3 Likes

“Doom Patrols future being unsure at the moment”

It’s not.

1 Like

Has a season 2 been given the “go-ahead”? I haven’t seen this anywhere.

1 Like

Sorry, DigificWriter, but your word means as much as the “BS”, as you put it, on the internet. Please point me in the direction of an official statement has been made on Season 2 of Doom Patrol, Thanks.

2 Likes