Still waiting for a live action Bane that accepts his Latin background

And more than anything, I want to see a Name that wears the luchador mask and is portrayed as the intelectual equal to Batman.

15 Likes

Amen! Three live action versions of Bane so far. None of them have been truly faithful to the character. Jeep Swenson perfectly portrayed the physicality and look of the character in Batman and Robin, but Schumacher is a tool that turned him into a human meat wall with no brain. Tom Hardy delivered a great performance as always in The Dark Knight Rises, and he certainly operated in a manner Bane would have, and even reenacted “Breaking the Bat” perfectly, but he did not resemble the character and took some creative liberties that not many were fond of. Now this guy, I have no idea if he can act, but on looks alone, he gets an “F”. Bane’s design is relatively simple, and there’s plenty of excellent Latino actors to choose from. I don’t understand why studios are making it so hard on themselves.

3 Likes

A luchador mask would look amazing and be a no brainer. Put a solid Hispanic actor underneath it, and by all means write him well. I’ve seen cosplayers pull it off and do an amazing job.

2 Likes

Isn’t a crazy that a fan can make a costume that looks leaps and bounds better than a tv show with high budget on a high production channel?

1 Like

Bane should be Darth Vader’d a big dude in a lucha mask voiced over by a some one with a latin accent. and bane has never been Batmans intellectual equal

Yes he has. Bane is highly intelligentm he once beat Ra’s al Ghul in a game of chess.

1 Like

I think he’s Filipino maybe but I could see Dave Bautista being able to pull of the look and appear closer to the latino comic appearance. I mean him in the luchador mask!!!

3 Likes

For all of its faults, Batman & Robin acknowledged his background at least.

4 Likes

Young Justice did bane well and acknowledged his latino side

5 Likes

@SupremeIcon, yeah but bane was kind of weak in Yoing Justice

1 Like

He was voiced by Danny Trejo and so that’s a big hell yeah on the check list

2 Likes

I’d like an Italian character that’s not in the mafia. So I can commiserate with u. Unless I’m wrong. I know dc pretty well and all Italians are mafia or mob related somehow. But I get that some, maybe most, were created by people of Italian descent. It doesn’t bother me much Huntress is one of my all time faves but it would be nice to see one who’s just a superhero with 0 mafia ties.