Stephanie Brown

Just more sketch practice. I’ve been missing traditional stuff. Digital is convenient and less expensive in the long run, but traditional is somehow more fun.

24 Likes

You’re so talented. The color in her eyes just pops.

3 Likes

Looks amazing.
And agree I with practical being more fun.

3 Likes

Spoiler alert: this freakin’ rules

5 Likes

There’s a simplicity and subtlety to this and your Kate that’s very nice. Because of that, the little smile (smirk?) has a bigger impact.

2 Likes

Digital is cheaper in the long run and more forgiving, but analog (traditional) is def more fun and any imperfections/corrections made to a traditional piece adds a lot character to it as well

4 Likes

Can’t wait till 2.0 rolls around so I know you guys see my thanks, because the comments really do keep me motivated to practice on days when I can’t get things right. Mickid - totally agree about imperfections inadvertently adding character to a work! I’ve only really drawn digitally since the start of this summer, and I’ve missed traditional media like crazy. I will say I am starting to prefer digital for my practice sketches, though. I haven’t attempted many polished pieces in what feels like forever, since I’ve been putting all my focus on getting some basics of anatomy down. Digital practice works a little better for this, because if something looks off and I can’t quite tell why, digital tools let me play with the image and adjust it until I have my “ah ha!” moment. It helps me know what to do the next time around.

1 Like

Beautiful. So clean and well done! Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

This is beautifully done, @CynicalPink! <3 Thank you for sharing your awesome work with us.

3 Likes

So cool!

1 Like

Matty, Zatanna and Travis - thank you much!

Stephanie was always my favorite Batgirl

2 Likes

Love love love Steph! As much as I gush about Oracle (and respect for the original gal who started it all) - Babs wasn’t my fav Batgirl.

nice

1 Like

@wood2395 Thanks much!

@CynicalPink, I absolutely love your art style!!!

@RubyL Ahh, thank you so much! I feel like I’m still trying to figure out what it is exactly, so that’s nice to hear!

Great job, @CynicalPink! I love the clean linework and shading. The simple black and gray palette really allows that blue eye color to shine! I prefer traditional artwork over digital as well. There’s something special to the sound/feel of pencil, paint, and pen on paper. Thank you for sharing and keep up the good work!

Thank you for the feedback, and agreed! It’s like the difference between owning a print and owning a hard copy touched by the artist’s hand. Somehow it makes you feel closer to the work (at least for me, but I’m sounding mushy, here).

1 Like