STEEL Staring Shaq..who remembers this movie?

Steel was a movie in 1997 staring Shaquille O’Neil. The character is from the DC universe. Steel in the comics replicated Superman’s powers and was suppose to replace Superman after he was killed by doomsday. Steel in the movie well…what a direction that movie took. That movie was arguably one of the worst movies ever made. But what I want to ask is…do you guys consider this movie a DC movie ?? What are your thoughts on this ?

1 Like

It’s certainly a DC movie…and certainly the worst live-action theatrical DC superhero film of the post-Superman: The Movie era. Shaq is a great athlete, but he’s not an actor.

3 Likes

If you consider this a DC movie, what about Catwoman, Supergirl, or Constantine. I’m not stepping onto that slope

2 Likes

Totally agreed even though I did enjoy the movie kazaam as a kid when Shaq was a hip hop genie but then to watch it now as
An adult it’s probably cringe worthy.

2 Likes

Those are all just DC movies gone bad. Constantine actually had the most potential out of all those you listed. It could have been a pretty good film.

1 Like

Believe or not I’ve never seen it, but I would still like to see it!:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I remember Annabeth Gish

2 Likes

It’s probably the worst ever DC film. I am including the Batman serials in tat. I would still watch it again though, same with Catwoman, so bad you just can’t look away. It had potential, but they really dropped the ball not using Superman for inspiration though…

2 Likes

And to answer your topic question, it is definitely a DC film. It is actually a more accurate portrayal of the character than the Catwoman movie was in my eyes…

1 Like

I say they are all DC films…

I have seen this one and would watch it again. The only DC movie I have never seen was Catwoman. I do plan on watching it one day, just have to get in the right mindset to watch it.

2 Likes