statutes or action figures which do prefer in your collection? and why?

I really like this discussion :slight_smile: For me, there are 2 big impediments to collecting: money and space. If I bought everything I fancied, I would be spending thousands every month and I would need an extra room in my house. That is why my collection is mostly figures. I also found that that limiting my collection to my favorites, in my case the DC Trinity, really helps with the money and space issues. Iā€™m not really good at posing my figures, nor do I have room in my cabinet to pose them dynamically, so they just kinda stand next to each other, like a little army :). Having said all that, I recently started with statues. I find them to be beautiful pieces of art, that just jump at you when you look at them, the way no action figure can. I only have 1 so far, the Designer Series Jim Lee Superman, and will be complimenting that with a Batman and Wonder Woman at some point in the future. Donā€™t really have room for much more. My grail piece? The Iron Studios Prime Scale (1/3) Superman. Itā€™s designed by Ivan Reis (my favorite artist), is 37" tall, and is absolutely the most stunning Superman piece Iā€™ve ever seen.

2 Likes

Here is a picture of the Superman I just mentioned.

1 Like

When I was younger I was partial to action figures since their main purpose was for playing. Now Iā€™m more about the statues, they tend to look much better and I use them to make my home feel like a comfy nerd den. To some extent some dolls can look even better for displays, so I mix and match a bit between status, legos, action figures and dolls when I find something I like. My shelves are getting full now though. My last piece until I get a bigger place will be the piĆØce de rĆ©sistance, a Prime Studio 1 Supergirl & Streaky that will be delivered in a few years.

1 Like

@Coville that Supergirl is a phenomenal looking piece (at least from the pictures Iā€™ve seen). Really nice to see Artgermā€™s art come to life, especially in that large scale. It will make a great centerpiece, Iā€™m sure.

2 Likes

Statues for sure now. Figures are cool and affordable but they donā€™t have the display wow factor like a prop or statue. You can still have a ā€œsophisticatedā€ looking room with statues and props but I personally feel like itā€™s a lot harder with figures. Not hating on anyone who prefers figures if thatā€™s what you enjoy thatā€™s great, this is just my opinion.

2 Likes

I prefer statues because they look better, but figures are cheaper.

1 Like

Both. More figures but Iā€™ll get statues if I can justify the price.

1 Like