statutes or action figures which do prefer in your collection? and why?

statutes or action figures which do prefer in your collection? and why?
And tell us your favorite piece

8 Likes

Action Figures. They’re chheaper. And I don’t open them. I keep them in the package.

3 Likes

Most newer in the Geeklair are packaged. Many from childhood are open of course
All statues are out of box

3 Likes

Statues are designed to be displayed. With Action figures, I know it makes sense to keep them in the box, but I wanna take 'em out and pose them, especially if they have those build-a-figures

7 Likes

Great answers!!

2 Likes

I’ve always done action figures and statues. I just phase in and out old/new stuff throughout the years. Keep what I like still sell or donate what I don’t want anymore. Usually take most things out of the box, but somethings I keep in box. My rule of thumb for collecting is if I ever have any doubts about opening something I just keep it in the box and re-access later. You can always open up something later, but can only sometimes but things back in the box properly.

2 Likes

I prefer figures personally. I can get more of them on a shelf.

1 Like

I certainly have both in my collection but I have WAAAAY more figures.

DP

1 Like

Personally prefer statues, I never play with them, and mostly like them for aesthetics. Don’t have any comic book ones yet, but my friend got me a Bardock from Dragon Ball that I absolutely love.

1 Like

I have a preference for statues. I always take them out of the box, but I keep some of the nicer boxes in case I decide later to display in box. I still love action figures though!

1 Like

Action figures…and prop replicas (Power batteries/Bat signals)
Part of this comes from the fact that I’ve collected since I was a kid.
Also, as an artist I use them as references for my drawing.

1 Like

Oh yeah! as for my favorite piece… Action figure wise It’s my NECA 7" Christopher Reeve Superman.

2 Likes

I have a combination of both … I have to say tho I’m really picky about the faces on either. Some of them just look weird or disproportionate I’ll pass

2 Likes

Action figures, by far. Statues and the like are cool but you can do more with figures.

2 Likes

I used to have a collection of both but mostly prefer statutes. Hot Toys and Sideshow Collectibles were my brands but they can get very pricey and so I scaled it back to simple figure statutes found at comic or retail shops, which were still awesome.

Action figures are cheap, cool, usually come with some nice accessories and it’s nice to change their positions some times like turn their arms or heads but eh. Statutes are more presentable, professional, artistic and many are captured very well. Action Figures bodies, faces or heads are weird than any statutes most of the time

1 Like

I used to collect action figures, but I am going towards the statue route now. I don’t actually pose my action figures. I just displayed them and that’s it. I would still collect some action figures depending on the character design. I have preordered a premium format Wonder Woman statue and that is going to be my grail piece in my collection. That is the first big statue I bought. If you look at the statues the different companies are pushing out such as XM Studios, Prime 1, and Sideshow Collectibles, those companies definitely stepped up their game.

1 Like

Statues Statues Statues
Wooo! Weeee!
Statues Galore for Me!
Have a Super Day!

Batman black and white statues. My favorite is probably the magnolia one…

1 Like

I like both, but have been picking up more statues in the last few years. Action figures are cool, and I have a ton of them, but they can sometimes be difficult to display well and the secondary market can make some figures unaffordable. I have over 100 DC statues in my collection currently, many from DC Collectibles, and that shows no sign of slowing down anytime soon. There are simply too many great pieces being released these days. Makes it hard to keep up with it. The statue collecting bug is definitely a disease!

2 Likes

I love the Artist’s Alley series and think it’s a great way to support indie artists and introduce fans to new artists.

The Nooligan DoTD Batman variant is probably my favorite that I own, but honorable mention to the Uminga Joker Batman variant. The detail on both is outstanding.

1 Like