STARS AND S.T.R.I.P.E. (1999-) Issues 5-9; Spoiler discussion

This thread contains spoilers for STARS AND S.T.R.I.P.E. (1999-) Issues 0-9.

The focus of the discussion will be on issues 5-9, but spoilers for issues 0-4 may be present in the discussion.

Share your thoughts, opinions, and questions of issues 5-9 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Now I gotta get back to reading this I just finished starfire

This is another really good series thanks to you I have been on a comic reading binge

2 Likes

I can’t wait to start reading this next set of issues and discussing it with you and everyone who joins us. Talk soon.

3 Likes

It’s fun I’m on issue 8

Just finished 5-7. Will read 8+9 later. Really enjoying this series again.

2 Likes

8 was really good and 9 was something else I enjoyed it

1 Like

I’m really glad I did this it’s making me really excited about stargirl

I finished off the series

I’m so behind. There’s way too much to watch and read. I feel like Dory from Finding Nemo!! Gonna hop back on this series tonight, bc it’s been really good!

LW, just keep swimming…=)

1 Like

No worries, no rush! I’m behind too. I’m caught up watching Lois & Clark :laughing:. I’ll read S&S within the next few days.

Yes, no rush. We have plenty of time to read the comic series, before the Stargirl tv series premiers. I just started issue #5 not too long ago.

And surely you all have loved ones and fun to enjoy.

We shall reconvene after the holidays! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finished eight and nine. Looking forward to the group discussion.

1 Like

Oh this is awesome. I recently bought both trades and read them. My first introduction to Stargirl specifically was in JSA. It was great to read about her origin and get more familiar with how she was connected to her legacy (step daughter of the adult sidekick of star spangled kid), pretty obscure which makes it more meaningful I think.

It was a bit weird though to see her personality at first. A bit stuck up spoiled brat. She makes quite the transformation… Also this is Geoff Johns first DC work I believe.

2 Likes

Young Justice sure is cool. Love the whole “undercover” thing. Favorite moment: dodgeball tournament. I can’t figure out how to get png’s saved on my computer to show up, but this crossover is full of hilarious moments. That Tim Drake :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I got hooked and couldn’t stop reading

2 Likes

@Adamantine I just finished Issue #5, and I agree the undercover thing and the dodgeball are hilarious.

I feel like Red Tornado is a super-nanny.

1 Like

I really enjoyed Red Tornado and Stripesy issue #6. It was funny to see YJ turn into aliens. This series has a light-hearted, fun, youthful tone so far.

I feel bad for the boy that was stood up for his date. I’m still reading, maybe he’ll turn up again in another issue.

1 Like

Issue #8 is my favorite: “Major Munchy cereal” (haha!), JSA and JLA showing up, and the twist at the end with step-brother, Mike. Stripesy’s story in #9 was fun too.

What stood out to others? Were there any surprises or favorite moments?