STARS AND S.T.R.I.P.E. (1999-) Issues 10-14; Spoiler discussion

This thread contains spoilers for STARS AND S.T.R.I.P.E. (1999-) Issues 0-14.

The focus of the discussion will be on issues 10-14, but spoilers and general thoughts on issues 0-14 will be present in the discussion.

Share your thoughts, opinions, and questions of issues 10-14, and on the series as a whole (issues 0-14).

2 Likes

I really liked the return of shining knight. The humor is great! So many surprises in just 4 issues!

3 Likes

I just finished #10. Mr. Shining Knight’s grand entrance is pretty cool.

I have a question. How does Court go from the belt to the cosmic staff like in the cartoons?

4236237-stargirl.png

1 Like

Second picture

5838129-stargirl.jpg

1 Like

Adamamtine. this happens in Starman 89 (final issue) Jack gives court the staff at the end.

2 Likes

I really enjoy watching court and pats relationship grow. I still tear up at issue 14 when you see cpurtney completly accept him as her dad.

2 Likes

@JackKnight_StarsPast thanks so much for answering the question! This is my first time reading S&S. I saw that Jack Knight had the cosmic rod in #0, but had no idea when the cosmic rod was passed to her.

1 Like

I feel like they saved the best for last in these 0-14 issues. Courtney’s journey with her family is both heartbreaking and heartwarming.

I love the Shining Knight and hope we get to see him in upcoming Original series. He’s just feels so random in the story - in a good way. It’s like, sure let’s add a Knight from King Arthur into the mix? Why not? And it totally works!

Courtney’s family is growing quickly, so seeing them learn to manage superhero life, develop bonds, and survive high school is a fun ride.

10-14 are my favorite issues. There was so much heart and character growth.

3 Likes

Bumped for djd187

1 Like

Thanks JL

What’d you guys think? I loved it. The Teen Titans were a nice surprise visit & I love the Dragon Master as a villain. Thought it was a good origin that she put on the star spangled outfit to upset her stepdad & it ended up being her uniform. I loved that Shining Knight was the janitor at Blue Valley high school. Shiv is a good nemesis too, enemies in & outside of school. That Starman comic I’m almost done with is a perfect next read. It’s soo good & it’s about the 2 guys that held the gravity rod b4 Stargirl. Lastly, her high school is the home of Wally West, that was a cool bonus.

1 Like

Haha I wrote mine & everybody was saying the same tias me I should’ve looked 1st my bad. But hey, great minds all liked shining knight & mentioned how Starman is the perfect follow up. Like I said b4 it’s basically the prequel, it’s like Star Wars read part 2 then one.

1 Like

As me not tias whatever that means

Thanks for the bump JL

1 Like

Just reminding because these guys are my favorite: the three teenagers were Young Justice, not the teen titans. Robin, Impulse, and Superboy are classic Young Justice.

1 Like

Adamtine

Thank u. I read it maybe a month ago & I was thinking that I was wrong but I didn’t check it cuz I was so far into my post I didn’t wanna exit & start over to check.

Adamantine

Sorry I misspelled your tag it was autocorrect, just like the post under this. It was doing it again & I jumped & hit post instead of the X button