STARGIRL Will Shine on DC Universe in Spring 2020

I wonder why they scrubbed it from all of the official sources. It didn’t really make a splash, and it did get some hate, but maybe they were supposed to show it with Crisis?

2 Likes

Its gone.

1 Like

It was completely lambasted on Twitter. By the time I’d heard they’d released it, the DCU tweet was gone. Caught on YouTube a few hours ago. Its bad.

Yeah, I was being nice by saying some hate :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Why?

1 Like

Was there even enough there to hate?! It felt like a teaser for a teaser.

1 Like

It felt like a Disney channel promo between commercial breaks.

1 Like

:slightly_frowning_face:

Wasn’t great but don’t know if it deserved to get Lambasted. Not a good teaser in terms of getting you interested especially those who don’t know what Stargirl is already. Although liked the shot of Stargirl in the end, that looked like Stargirl.

But does seem some of the hate was just for hating sake. Although will admit… could have been better. I have been looking forward to this show for so long hope I am not setting myself up to be disjointed.

2 Likes

It does seem that most people cracking on the trailer the hardest, don’t seem to have the first clue who the character even is. It looks to be toxic Marvel fanboys for the most part of the same sort that were ripping on the ‘Captain Marvel’ movie…and now they’re all whining that they think she’s probably just a rip off of that character. They’re either trolling (most likely) or they’re ignorant enough not to realize that the character has existed since the late 90s. Either way, don’t feed the trolls…

4 Likes

I’d guess most likely because it was, well… twitter.

2 Likes

You mean like the True Fans ™ who were complaining about a lesbian Batwoman recently? :wink:

2 Likes

o.O Lemme guess those ‘true fans’ didn’t notice that Kate is a lesbian even in the comics?

3 Likes

I doubt they had even HEARD of Batwoman before the show was announced.

2 Likes

Too bad somebody didn’t record it and post it elsewhere, this is silly.

1 Like

People did re-post it. It is out there.

2 Likes

FYI: I asked @Applejack in the office hours thread about the concern of DCU Stargirl bringing edited down for commercial timing on CW. Here was the response.

So that’s officially unofficial, and we won’t know for certain until it’s actually released. However, I am hopeful, at least for season 1, that DCU will get full & complete episodes.

3 Likes

it would definitely boost awareness for the stream service, since all I’ve seen in regards for marketing and advertisement for the app was only on social media. This is definitely long overdue to build awareness on TV.

2 Likes

They just aired Harley Quinn on TBS. No one seems to be bothered by that. I still think it’s a great way to add financing without raising the subscription price. Netflix keeps getting higher and I dropped it a year or two ago…

Really? I haven’t seen ANYONE talking about this, nor do I remember it being included in the news about the show’s premiere. Maybe there’s not as much of an “uproar” because it’s an animated show? Idk.

1 Like